More Bad Than Good

Scott and I had been running for minutes, dodging trees and branches until I suddenly found myself crashing into somebody.

Scott and I immediately yelled out and the other person screamed.

Stiles.

"I think I found something" he panted.

"So did we" I said.

Stiles lead us over to some kind of den.

"It's a coyote den" he said.

"Werecoyote" Scott corrected.

"You see this?" Stiles picked up a coat. "This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo"

"We shouldn't be in here" Scott said.

"What do you mean?" Stiles frowned.

"She's not going to come back now.
We just invaded her home. Our scent's going to be everywhere" I pointed out.

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know" Scott said.

"Can you track her now?" Stiles asked the two of us. "You think you got her scent?"

"Maybe" I said. "But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf"

"And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back" Scott said.

Stiles sighed. "The door's still open"

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help" I said.

"This is basically a crime scene, right?" Scott said. "I think it might be a little out of my boss's league"

Stiles nodded. "And more in my dad's"

~

"You're sure it was her?" Sheriff Stilinski asked us.

"I looked her right in the eyes. And they glowed just like mine" Scott replied.

"It makes sense, Dad" Stiles said.

"But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right?" The Sheriff said.

"Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have it figured out yet" I said.

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened"

"Horrible things could've happened. Ripping, shredding, tearing things" Stiles added.

"Which is probably what caused the accident" Scott continued.

"Think about it, Dad, all right. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies" Stiles explained.

"Except for Malia" I said.

Stiles nodded. "She blames herself, all right, goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote"

"That makes sense" Mr Stilinski said.

The three of us sighed in relief.

"In a Chinese folktale!"

I groaned.

"Guys, this is this is insane. I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr.
Tate hearing about this" Stiles' dad said.