Illuminated

"So when did you get there?" Mr McCall asked.

"At the same time" I replied.

"At the same time as who?"

"At the same time as me" Scott said.

"By coincidence?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and leant forwards. "What do you mean coincidence?"

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Actually the three of us. I arrived at the same time too" Stiles cut in.

"Are you asking me?" I asked, ignoring Stiles.

"I think he's asking me" Scott said.

"I think he's asking the both of you" Lydia said.

"Okay, let me answer the questions" Mr McCall said. Then he sighed. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town"

"Sounds about right" I shrugged.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" Stiles said.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles"

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement" Stiles winked at Sheriff Stilinski, who laughed and covered it up as a cough.

"Stiles, just, uh- Just answer the man"

Stiles turned back to Mr McCall "We made a good guess"

"What were the two of you doing?" He looked at Scott and Kira.

"Eating pizza" Scott replied at the same times as Kira had replied.

"Eating sushi"

They both glanced at each other.

"Eating sushi"

"Eating pizza"

"Eating sushi and pizza" They said in unison.

Mr McCall turned to Stiles' dad.

"You believe this?"

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it" The Sheriff replied.

"Kira, is that how you remember it?"

The four of us sat forwards to look at her.

"Yes. Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no. Kira, a deputy is going to take you home. But we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first"

I sighed and sat down on one of the seats, waiting for Derek's text to tell me he's here.

"Scott I don't know why you guys are lying. Or why Stilinski is content to listen to this crap. But try and remember something. If half this story about Barrow is true, then not only did someone help set him loose, but he was a pawn in their little game. A mass murderer is bad enough. A mass murderer being controlled by someone? Far worse" Mr McCall said.

"Yeah, I get it"

"All right, go home. It's a school night"

My phone buzzed and I shot Scott a smile before leaving and getting in Derek's car.