T H I R T Y S E V E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.
‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

♥️

"Alex, Sierra, here's some chicken soup, I've made it with special herbs that I got from back in my hometown. They're all handpicked and will build your immune system. Oh, and Maya? I've packed some for Ian as-well!" Mary said while she continued setting the dining table for breakfast.

"Thank you, Mary, on the days you come home, I don't even have to look at the kitchen. It's a nice break" Maya said and laughed at the end.

I looked beside me and smiled at princess, who continued staring at her plate while holding my hand in hers under the table.

Recently, Sierra had started walking around the house, though she only did that when I was beside her and kept her hands in mine constantly.

Another thing that had changed in the last week was that Mary would come in almost every alternate day and cook up healthy meals for everyone.

She has the same aura that Maya has, they're both...motherly and...protective?

Sometimes it felt weird because Mary would especially come to check up on me and looked after me as much as she looked after Sierra even though I hardly responded to her efforts.It's not that, I don't like her or anything among those lines, I just don't want to feel attached to her.

One day, she will leave. The only ones who'll stay are princess, Maya, Xander, and the memories of my dad.

I cleared my throat and started drinking the soup while feeding Sierra until she was full, simultaneously.

I took the napkin, wiped her lips, and held both of her hands in mine while looking straight back into her eyes.

I know she's strong enough.

I won't hide it.

"Princess, now that you have eaten, I have to go to the police station and I am not hiding this from you because I know my princess is strong, the strongest. I will file a suit for fraud, abuse, and misrepresentation against Mr. Vega and a charge of sexual assault, battery, and fraud against Harry. I need you to know, and I need you to understand that you are my only source of light and now, this isn't my fight, this is our fight. We will win, even if I lose, you will win." I said, softly, while running my hands through Sierra's hair.

Sierra tightened her hands around mine, slightly and looked back into my eyes and I made sure my gaze didn't wander, she has been betrayed enough, I need to be honest but also let her know that I'm here.

Always.

Instead of letting princess walk, I picked her up bridal style and pulled her impossibly close, Ironically, princess is my safe right now.

My only place of protection.

My life.

I slowly put Sierra down on the bed and put Champ beside her to keep her company as Mary and Maya followed into the room as well, to make sure that Sierra wasn't alone for the next few hours that I'll be gone.

I quickly changed into formals, making sure I wore my waist court and blazer along with a trench court considering the weather right now. While I continued layering on my clothes and letting my thoughts wander.