십육. on the line

︵

︵ . . ⌗ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ❜ ━━ ₍ 🌊 ₎
on the line . . !

 !

real life !

The bluenette clutched the backpack lying on her lap, anxiously fiddling the black straps of the bag as she attempted to persuade her uneasy mind by looking outside the car, desperately trying to distract herself by looking at trees and clouds. Cindy and her younger brother were riding the car to school with their mother driving them. It was quite early in the morning, not that she had any complaints with that. She just didn't want to be at school today.

Usually, Cindy and Jun would take the bus or simply walk to school since their mother was occupied with work all the time. She never really had the time for simple things like driving her children. Today was an exception of course.

"I won't be able to come home early today, I've got work." Their mother spoke as she drove the wheel.

Jun shrugged his shoulders in response, "It's okay, mom, really. We understand and besides, we are kind of used to it by now."

"I'm really sorry." A sigh elicited from the young woman as she gazed at her two children from the front mirror. "You know the drill, mom has work to do. You guys can order whatever you want for dinner later, okay? You don't have to wait for me."

"Okay, mom." Jun nodded in undersranding.

He then glanced a look towards his older sister, furrowing his brows at the sight of Cindy who seemed to be lost in deep thought. "Hey, are you okay?" Jun questioned, tapping the girl's arm.

To his surprise, Cindy flinched at the physical contact with a small gasp. She snapped her head towards him, eyes wide. "Huh? What?"