Milk and Cookies

(Warnig this chapter is more serious)

Marinette's pov:

Ever since I have met Lila 3 years ago my sleeping rhythm is all over the place. Either I can't sleep or I have nightmares. This night was really bad I woke up feeling tears streaming down my face, I felt terrible,knowing that I was crying in my sleep I hoped no one heard me. I got out of the bed while wiping away the tears with my sleeve and tried to calm down.

Jason's pov:

I know I have my own room in the manor but it would feel wrong to sleep there. So I'm staying in one of the guest rooms. I woke up hearing muffled heavy breathing and sniffles. I got out of bed,opened the door and followed the noise. It was coming out of Marinette's room, I slightly opened the door only to see her pacing around than she stopped and looked at me. Her eyes puffy and red. She smiled at me."I know your not okay." I said." It was worth a try." She sniffed. When I met her today I saw that behind all this sunshine and happiness in her eyes there was something broken. I played it off thinking it was nothing, but now I'm staring into those same eyes and see so much hurt. I'm standing in front of a broken child and I can see myself from 9 years ago in her. She thinks that she has to prove herself and needs to show that she is valuable and shouldn't be left behind. But why? She looked away. What used to cheer  me up? Think Jason think. Putting on a big comfy hoodie.Milk and Cookies!! Marinette saw me lighten up and she looked at me confused. I ran out and in to my room searching for a hoodie and I found a white one and ran back. Before she could ask I put it on her. Of course it was oversized but she looked comfortable in it and so cute my heart could melt. I grabbed her by her hand and together we went down to the kitchen. "Let's bake some cookies." I said "Sure I know a chocolate chip cookie recipe if you want to try it, it's one of the favourites in my parents bakery." "Yes." She started getting the ingredients and instructed me with what the do and forgot her worries for a while. In the end we had two tablets full and in the oven . We sat down playing cards waiting for them to finish." I'm not going to ask you to tell me what's wrong but know that you can always talk to me." I said." Thank you" When the Cookies finished we eat them with milk and no matter how good Alfred's baking is those are the best cookies I ever had."Want to watch a movie?"I asked she nodded. We watched a movie. After the half I felt her head on my shoulder. I turned so her head would lie on my chest as I put  my arms around her. She really is like a little sister. After a while her breath hitched and she gripped into my shirt. I hugged her tight and she relaxed. I swear I saw a smile on her face. What is happening to her that she has nightmares about it? After the movie ended I picked her up and brought her back to bed. I hoped she will get some sleep since it was already 3 am. I swear if I'll have to  I will do this every night except when I'm on patrol.

(I don't know why but I just love the thought of Jason and Marinette having a brother sister relationship. While I wrote this chapter I realised how much they have in common.)