33

Liam Rawley

My eyes were all red from crying and my heart never stopped aching throughout the whole night.

All of my friends came to comfort me that Friday afternoon after school except for Dan, who had his Julliard's audition.

"For what's it's worth, I never like the guy," Tess said, not really helping.

"I thought he was awesome."Roy defended and looked at me sympathetically, "But screw him for doing what he did."

"Dan is face-timing us, "Laurel announced and showed her screen to me, where Dan was walking in a hallway somewhere.

"Hey, Liam."Dan started, "I have my audition in five minutes but I just wanted to say that I will kick Brady's ass if I see him."

"What are you gonna hit him with?"Roy retorted, "Your truck?"

"That wasn't really clever."Dan rolled his eyes.

"Guys, "I finally said, "I'm fine. All of you didn't have to come over to try and cheer me up. Yes, I'm upset and yes, I'm angry with Brady at the moment but I'm coping with it."

"How did it even happened?"Laurel asked softly, "You guys were fine a few days ago."

"It's my fault."I mumbled, "I pushed way too hard for him to talk about his secrets."

"Don't do that."Tess frowned, "Don't blame yourself for this. He should have been the adult and actually tell you about whatever it was."

Although she was right, I was still blaming myself because it was 100 percent my fault despite what anyone said. Maybe Tess was right, I shouldn't made him the victim here but I just felt crappy at the moment.

"So, if Brady's not looking out for you, then who is?"Roy raised his eyebrows.

"Some other deputy."I mentioned, "She's in the car."

"What is she like?"Dan asked from the phone and I thought that he already left.

"She's not that older than us and is very mean."I said honestly," She yelled at me for slipping some coffee that she made me got for her on the way to school."

"She makes you get her coffee?"Laurel asked suspiciously.

"Yeah."I said awkwardly, "I don't mind tho. It's the least I can do."

Deputy Paula is the complete opposite of Brady. She is short for an officer and hated me after my father told her to look out after me.

"How come' Brady doesn't do it anymore?"Roy asked, "I mean, yeah it's awkward but at least you won't be bullied by him."

"That's a stupid idea."Dan said and looked up at something, "They're calling my name. Wish me luck."

"Good luck, "I said in unison with Laurel and Tess.

"Don't kill yourself if you don't get in, " Roy said and everyone looked at him weirdly.

"Anyways,"I shrugged, "Things with Brady is not good right now, I don't even think we can look at each other in the eyes now."

Brady Hutton

I kinda felt bad for continuing my day as nothing happened. I got the desk duty for the next few weeks because I must have pissed the sheriff off when I broke up with his son.

Yes, breaking up with Liam so suddenly was crappy of me but I just couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't hiding any big secrets from him. I just had some personal family issues but he thought otherwise. Maybe we could have work things out but I just couldn't be with anyone at the moment. I was extremely selfish towards him and as for right now, I should focus more on my family since I just got closer to the Jones' and the twins. We started to meet up More often for the last few weeks.

During my lunch break, the first thing I went to was the Sheriff's office to clear the air with him.

"No, I'm not taking you off desk duty."He said without even looking at me as he looked through some documents.

"I'm sorry for what I did but you can't punish me like this," I said seriously.

"I'm not punishing you for anything."He said bitterly, "As a matter of fact, I feel bad for you. You literally have nothing good going on in your life.No family, no friends, and the only good thing you have, you managed to not only ruin it but you broke him, Hutton. I wanted nothing more but for him to be happy when he came and even though he had to face a few challenges, he was happy, especially with you but now, he's crying for hours at nights. When you go back home, you have no one while Liam, the boy you hurt, has me and his friends. So, if you want to go ahead and ride the cop car around, be my guest because literally, no one will care whatever happens to you."

"Okay,cool," I said awkwardly and got out of there as quickly as possible.

That made me really angry and my day had officially been ruined.

Hearing about what Liam had to go through the night before was heartbreaking for me. I wasn't expecting myself to be happy about it but hearing about him crying all night made me realized how much I hurt him. It made me realized how much I regretted it.

Maybe I didn't break up with Liam because he was asking too many questions. Maybe I broke up with him because of my own insecurity. I got way too attached to him and that made my guard go down. As much as I hated that feeling, I couldn't deny how much I missed him.

Breaking up with Liam was the worst decision of my life.

&&&&&&

I went home and sighed, thinking about everything that the sheriff said to me. He was right, I had no family or friends. All I do was be alone and drink way more than I should have.

Things changed for the better after Liam showed up in my life but that was already ruined.

So, what do I do after that?

Do I just go back to my depressing life and continue to be miserable or do I grab my keys and head to Liam's house to get him back?

It didn't take me long to get an answer as I grabbed my car keys on the counter and went straight to the door but when I opened it, I saw someone that I never thought would even come close to my property after everything that went down. It caught me by surprise as my eyes widened.

"I'm in some deep trouble, Brady."Ryan said worriedly, "I need your help."