▪︎IN FRONT OF MY SALAD?

━━━ YOU FROZE IN THE SPOT

Dream kissed you; the sudden contact of his soft lips startled you as you tried to regain composure to what was currently happening.

Pulling back from him immediately, your eyes widened whilst you stared at him in bewilderment. Your thoughts failed as you couldn't think straight of the sudden action—too distracted by the kiss, you hadn't realized one of his hands had gripped onto your wrist tightly.

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

IDENTIFICATION RESTORED.

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Snapping out of your shocked and slightly dazed state, you turned away, breaking the mostly one-sided kiss while struggling and thrashing against his overpowering hold.

You then hastily moved your free arm over your face, attempting to hide your bewildered expression from him as you pleaded, "Dream, stop.. please.."

His grip on you did not loosen, not even the slightest bit, and it instead grew stronger.

"Stop?" He said, repeating the words that had left your lips as his face morphed into an unapologetic sneer.

"Why should I stop?" He whispered, sounding quite sinister in your ears.

The way he looked at you had completely changed, it was as if his eyes had belonged to another; there was not a single trace of remorse, compassion, or pity in them whatsoever, which was something you found unsettling - especially because of the predicament you were in.

"Before, I didn't know who you were or why you felt so familiar. I spent weeks not understanding or being given an answer to any of my questions..." he began to divulge, you listened to his voice the frustrations he'd dealt with as he pinned both your hands above the top of your head, giving him a clear view of your face.

"Do you know how frustrating it is to know everything - to understand everything - all except for one simple human being?" His voice was so quiet it was almost inaudible, leaning towards your ear as the words he spoke filled you with terror;

"But I've finally remembered,"

His eyes scanned your face, taking in every detail, from the arch of your nose to the way your eyelashes curved.

He wasn't doing it to admire you, no, it was so he could memorize the reaction your features would morph into after. This wasn't the man you knew. Or at least, who you thought you had known.

His whole demeanor had shifted into someone else, someone you would have kept far, far away from you if it weren't for his caring and soft acts during your stay at RE:LIFE. The man in front of you was the Dream you had feared beforehand. How stupid were you to have fallen for this?