Distracted Confusion

I found myself here yet again lonely and knowing I needed to do the right thing but also wanting it to be Duel who acted first. Yes, it's petty but I didn't want to look like the quitter or the one who wanted out. There's too many eye's watching us and deep down I know that they are waiting for this to blow up. Why can't it be simple? Like I don't love you the way a wife should love her husband and I know you feel the same way too, we made a mistake now let's clean it up. Who am I kidding, nothing is ever easy in our world. I'm certain our parent's would blow gaskets over all of this but I'm the end it is our life, our decision.

I don't know what's wrong with me honestly. My biggest hangup is fearing that if I did let Duel go he'd run off in search of her. It bothers me that I am no longer the one that he pines for. It use to be me and no other female compared but Chelly is different. It's this ugly jealously that keeps me holding on. In other word's I don't want Duel but I don't want her to have him either and in return it's making us all miserable.

Looking down at my wedding ring that I honestly didn't like I thought about letting him go. I had nearly convinced myself to do just that when the door swung open with enough force to bang against the wall. Thinking it was an intruder I immediately reached for my gun and prepared myself to fight but it was only Duel and he looked none to happy. I begin to ask him what was up but he spoke between gritted teeth. "You need to tell me something?"

I thought for a second because honestly I had nothing to tell. The only thing that I've done that could be upsetting was my little visit to Chelly. That's when it dawned on me, he'd made contact with her. The fuel of jealousy begin to flow through my veins and I was ready to attack. Walking toward Duel, I circled him as if he were my prey. A strange scent was in the air, a scent that wasn't me. "You've been with her? I smell her perfume on you." I stated more than asked.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is you contacting her. What have you done?" He growled .

"Hunpf.... Look at you, more concerned about some frivolous girl more than your wife." I said with a bit of venom and a quirk of my lip.

" yes I contacted her. I have every right to. She had no business leaving such a message on my HUSBAND'S phone. "

Instantly I was shoved back against the kitchen island, so much so that I was bent over it as Duel hovered above not allowing me to move. "You was to never go near her. If anything happens to her I will fucking end you. No questions asked."

Hearing that exploded my temper. Lifting my feet from the floor, I used the island to ram them into his gut shoving him away. "I can make her death look like an accident. Car wreck, gas explosion, a very bad case of food poisoning. The list goes on. Don't play with me Duel. You've seen the thing's that I can do. Save her Duel the only way you can..... Demand that she leave New York and suspend any and all contact". I demanded.

Duel's jaw ticked with anger but I wasn't afraid. "Not a chance Zoe. Now tell me about this message."

I scoffed. "Obviously you already know. You can retrieve it yourself. I've got to prepare for a war".

I turned to walkout in him but was quickly grabbed by my hair. I started to laugh. "Will miss sweet and innocent let you pull her hair while you're hitting it from the back? I bet she prefers slow, vanilla fucking. Will she let you shoot off in your mouth and drink it up like she's been lost in the desert? No, she's too prim and proper. She'll run from the way you like to fuck. Hard and rough isn't in her vocabulary. You'll never be allowed to drive into her hard. She can't handle the man that you are... But I can".

Duel grinned. "She want need to do all of those thing's because I won't treat her like a whore".

My hand struck out and slammed into his cheek at his retort. "You'll be miserable" .

"Yes, miserably in love". He said before locking himself into his office. I'm sure to retrieve the lost message.

Over an hour went by before he emerged and I'd never seen him look this way, not Duel Harper and boy, wreckless, heartless soul that he was... But he looked as if he had been crying. He looked hurt and regretful.

Without acknowledging me he made a call I'm assuming to his Pape. "I need everyone gathered immediately for a family meeting. This is important" .

Intrigued, I went along. After all I was family. Ten minutes later the entire Harper crew along with my family was gathered in the Den. We all day about wondering what this was about. My guess was that he was getting ready to announce our divorce so I was prepared. What I wasn't prepared for was what he actually said. I don't think any of us were.

After everyone was settled Demarco have the nod to indicate for Duel to get started. Duel rose and stood before us all. In classic crazy Duel fashion he tossed his hands in the air and laughed. "I'm out. I'm done with this. As of right now I'm no longer apart of the Harper legacy. I'm leaving the family business" .

Dead silence filled the room as we all tried to register what this meant. A future king had backed away from his entitlement. All eye's bounced from him to his father. We all knew there was only one way out of this life..... Death.

Demarco clasped his hands in front of him and asked in a scary tone. "The fuck you mean you quit?"

Before Duel could reply Demarco was on his feet. "Choose your word's wisely son. No one can just simply quit. There are repercussions... Very serious repercussions" . He warned.

My stomach was in knots. Yes, I was mad at Duel currently but could I allow death to come for him? There is no way Demarco would kill his own son... Or would he? Would the family allow this? Not knowing what else to do and trying to save Duel's neck I stood up and screamed. "It's her isn't it? You are leaving for her?"

Now everyone looked at me so I supplied them with some answers. "He's been in contact with Chelly again. He knows that she will never accept this part of his life so he's risking it all for her.... A girl that betrayed him, sent him back to jail. Do you think that she'd not eventually turn us all in? She's the problem" .

"Is this true?" DEemarco asked Duel.

Before he could reply I ran out. I couldn't set by any he self destructed himself. Running on pure rage I found myself at Chellys place. Not caring who was there I busted in. She jumped off the couch at my anything but quiet entry. Pointing at her I seethed. "I tried to earn you to stay away. Now you've created a huge mess that may cost Duel his life and I can't allow that. If I get rid of you everything will be fixed".

Before more could be said another girl ran into the room. I'm assuming this was her friend Jensey. "I don't care who you are but no one is going to bust up in here and speak to my friend like that. You about to catch these hands". The girl spoke with attitude.

I laughed. "Cute, very cute" . I said but was shocked when the girl slammed a right hook into my chin.

I laughed and shook it off right before I head butted her. To my surprise the girl came back on me with strong force as Chelly stood by demanding that we stop. Then thing's got even more weird. Demi ran into the apartment waving a gun.... Not just at them but me as well. "I've got you all now. You're all in on something that is meant to bring my brother down. Well it ends now".

Giving her a confused look I said. "What in the ever loving hell are you talking about Demi? Who's conspiring against Duel? What do you know?"

" Shut up Zoe. You can't be trusted anymore either". She yelled.

I opened my mouth to try to reason with her but suddenly there was a loud popping sound and the room begin to fill with a choking, blinding smoke. Tears stung my eye's as I begin to cough. I could hear the other's coughing as well but the smoke was so thick I couldn't see anything, including the exit. I felt myself getting lightheaded and soon silence filled the room. My last thought was something bad was fixing to happen and none of us may make it out alive.

Wonder what has happened to the girls?

How will Demarco handle Duels announcement?

Thoughts on Zoe now?

Is someone possibly about to die?