The spy *part 3* (Peter Parker)

Blood rushed through my ears, my heart almost pounding out of my chest as I sat on the plane on the way to HYDRA. For the mission that would likely end in all of the Avengers dying. Including Peter. I had tried to convince him not to go, I had even resorted to begging him and trying to say that it was too dangerous. But it hadn't worked. So he was currently sitting next to me, flying into the trap that I had helped to set up. Peter looked at me.

"Hey." he spoke softly, making me gulp and look up at him as he gently took my hand into his.

"It's okay for you to be nervous. This is your first big mission, after all." he chuckled, I assumed in an attempt to reassure me. I returned it falsely and sighed.

"I just, I don't want you to get hurt, Pete. I can't bear anything happening to you." I admitted. He nodded and gave me a small smile.

"I appreciate that, Y/N, and I feel the same about you. But it'll be okay." he reassured. I sighed and nodded, him gently kissing my head as we landed. I gulped, my heart thumping a thousand miles an hour as the barrier lowered and we ran out.

"Everyone be ready, we'll face fire immediately-what the fuck?" Tony scoffed as not a single soldier was there. My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to work out what Pierce had planned.

"Surely not every soldier died." Peter spoke as we started to walk towards the doors of the compound.

"Be on the look-out. This could be a trap." Steve nodded. All of us returned it as him and Tony opened the doors. My eyes widened as they opened to reveal lines of soldiers, all with guns poised.

"GET DOWN!" Tony yelled. I yelped out as Peter grabbed me and pushed us to the ground, the others falling to the ground on the other side of the door.

"I told you that this was a bad idea." I chuckled to Peter, making him smile and shake his head as he got off of me and pulled me up too.

"Mr Stark, what do we do?!" he yelled as we took cover behind the door.

"Just take out as many as you can! That's all that we can do for now!" he shouted back.

"Peter, I'm going to look for another way in." I nodded as I stood up. His eyes widened at me.

"Are you insane? Don't, it's too dangerous." he scoffed.

"I can look after myself, Peter." I reassured.

"Please, Y/N. You staying here is the only way that I can definitely protect you." he admitted. I gulped, my eyes wavering. I crouched back down and took his face, making him look at me.

"Thank you. But I'll be okay." I mumbled before leaning in and kissing him. His eyes widened but he quickly sunk into it, his hands moving to my waist as he returned the kiss. A tear rolled down my cheek. I had wanted to kiss Peter for months now, but the truth was that I was also kissing him because I would undoubtedly turn the corner to find Pierce there. And Pierce would kill me once I told him why I was there. I broke the kiss and looked at him.

"You definitely can't go now that you kissed me." he spoke, making me smile and shake my head at him.

"I'll be back soon, Pete." I lied. He sighed and nodded, his gaze staying on me as I stood up and headed around the corner. I puffed out and looked down, tears in my eyes as I walked around the building.

"I knew that you wouldn't be able to do this without falling in love with him." I choked, stopping in my tracks. I looked up and swallowed the thick lump in my throat as Pierce stood there.

"I won't do it." I choked and shook my head. Pierce sighed and nodded, his hands in his trouser pockets.

"I know. That's why I arranged for this little trap to be set up. Though, it was possible due to your information, so well done on that." he smiled. I scoffed and shook my head as tears left my eyes.

"I'm done, Pierce. Kill me if you have to, but I won't hurt Peter and I won't hurt the others. I'm done being your puppet." I gulped.

"No, you're not. We decide when you're done. So, you either carry out the plan and make sure that all of them die, or you die. It's a simple decision." he shrugged.

"I'll die then, asshole." I nodded, making Pierce smirk.

"Y/N, we took them out, we're-." my eyes widened. I whipped around, a choke leaving my lips as Peter stood there. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked between Pierce and I.

"Y/N, what's going on?" he asked, making me gulp.

"Oh, this is so much better than having you killed." Pierce smirked. My eyes wavered as Peter's eyes widened.

"No. Tell me that you're not HYDRA, tell me, Y/N." he choked and shook his head.

"Peter, I'm so sorry." I cried, making his eyes waver as a tear fell from them. Suddenly, a gun shot rang out, making my eyes widen. Peter choked, making us both look down at his waist.

"NO!" I screamed as there was a fresh bullet wound in his side, fired from the gun that Pierce had just fired.

"Peter, no." I choked as he collapsed to the ground and I rushed to him. Suddenly, Tony appeared behind us, his eyes widening as he spotted Pierce.

"Tony, how good to see you." Pierce smiled. Tony rolled his eyes before raising his hand and firing at Pierce, launching the man back onto the concrete and knocking him unconscious.

"What happened?!" Tony exclaimed as I cradled Peter's head.

"She's one of them, Mr Stark. Y/N has been HYDRA this entire time." Peter choked, making me return it as I looked down at him.

"Is that true, Y/N?" he asked. I gulped and looked up at him.

"I can explain everything-." that was all Tony needed to hear.

"Steve!" he yelled before grabbing my arm and pulling me up, making me yelp.

"Yeah?" he asked as he jogged to us.

"Peter got shot, because of Y/N. Help him, I've got her." he nodded, making Steve's eyes widen as Tony dragged me to the ship.

"For the love of god, please let me explain." I choked, my hands now in Tony's electric cuffs and his hand dragging me along by my bicep as Steve helped Peter to one of the medical bays.

"Explain what? That you almost got the only family that you've ever fucking had killed, because of HYDRA?!" he spat.

"There's more to it than that, please!" I begged. Tony just rolled his eyes as he started to drag me away from the medical suit, making my eyes widen.

"Tony, at least let me make sure that Peter is okay!" I cried.

"Why? You're the one who got him shot." he snapped. I choked, not bothering to fight anymore as Tony dragged me along a corridor and to the controls room. He dragged me in and pressed a button to open the door to the glass cell that was in the room. He pushed me in, making me yelp out as I fell down onto the white floor.

"Tony, please, I need five minutes to explain, please!" I sobbed.

"You lost the chance to explain the moment that you betrayed us. The moment that you betrayed Peter." he nodded. I choked more, biting my lip as he left the room, the doors shutting behind him. I choked and looked down, my heart hurting at what had happened. Not only had Peter gotten shot because of me, but I had just dashed all hope of any relationship with any of them. And that killed me. I lay down on the white floor of the cell, my hands still bound together as I cried myself to sleep.