-thirty two-

Annabelle sits in the dining hall, next to Uriah who had his head in his hands as he groaned at the bright lights of the room.

"It's your own fault," Annabelle said, laughing lightly at the boy next to her, before taking her glass of water and a piece of toast and putting it right in front of him.

Uriah didn't get to reply as Tris, Will and Christina came to the table. Christina gave Annabelle a wink as she sat across from her, before releasing a short quiet giggle.

"What's so funny?" Will asked, looked between Christina and Annabelle, the latter bit her lip in an attempt to keep her laugh in, as Christina responded that it was nothing.

"Something wrong?" Uriah said to Tris, with his mouth full of food, ignoring the still quietly laughing girls, and noticing the others fall in mood.

Tris shook her head looking to Uriah and back to where she was gazing before. Annabelle decided to follows the girl's line of sight, figuring out it was focused - Four. Annabelle raised her eyebrows and gave herself a mental reminder to bring it up to her later.

"Today's fear landscape day," Will said, filling the silence of them eating breakfast, "You think we'll be going through our own?"

"No," Uriah said, "you go through one of the instructor's landscapes. My brother told me."

"Ooh, insider information," Annabelle said, wiggling her eyebrows at Uriah,

"You know that really isn't fair that you all get insider information and we don't," Will said, shooting a glare at Uriah.

"At least he tells us eventually, better that than being clueless forever," Annabelle said, shrugging at Will, who rolled his eyes.

"I'd commit murder and you'd defend me," Uriah said, a teasing smirk resting on your lips.

"I'd actually turn you in just to be rid of you," Anna replied, wiping the smirk off of the boys face and causing him to scoff.

"I hope it's Four's landscape," Christina said, ignoring Anna and Uriah, and going back to the original topic.

"Why?" Tris asked, her voice coming off as harsh, confusing the initiates sat at the table with her.

"Looks like someones had a mood swing," Christina replied, with a little bit of a smirk, "anyway, like you wouldn't want to know what his fears are. He acts so tough that he's probably afraid of marshmallows,"

"It won't be him," Tris said, looking at Annabelle and giving her a knowing look. Annabelle furrowed her eyebrows at her friend, wondering what she knew.

"How do you know?"

"Just a prediction,"

Annabelle knows it won't be Four's fear landscape, she hadn't seen it but knew she had a pretty good idea of what was in it. She didn't understand how Tris would know unless Tobias had told her himself and she doubted he would do that. He and Tris weren't that close, were they?

***

"Good, you're all here," Lauren - the Dauntless-born instructor - said, as the initiates made their way to the fear landscape room. "Two years ago, I was afraid of spiders, suffocation, walls that inch slowly inwards and trap you between them, getting thrown out of Dauntless, uncontrollable bleeding, getting run over by a train, my father's death, public humiliation, and kidnapping by men without faces,"

No one spoke as they stared blankly at her, not expecting her to list her fears.

Lauren continued as if it was nothing, "Most of you will have anywhere from 10 to 15 fears in your fear landscape. That's the average number."