Quarantine (2x11)

Summary request: you are stuck in quarantine with Skye after you both went through Terrigenisis and the team starts arguing, causing you to lose control. 

Thank you for requesting. I hope this was somewhat like you had in mind ;)

That stupid glass. Why couldn't they put you together in one room. Why did they have to separate you. After all, you went through the same thing, at the same time. Right when Skye needed you most, you couldn't hold her, couldn't hug her body close to yours and tell her it would be all right.

You could tell her, sure, but it wasn't the same with this wall between you. 

The small but annoying device tied around your upper arm and the wires connected to your hand reminded you time and time again there was something wrong with you, but nobody knew what. They said it was ''a miracle'' you both survived, but it wasn't. Miracles didn't exist.

''Hey Dumbo, are you going to play or what?'' 

Bobbi had been so kind to bring the both of you a survival kit, which also included a board game that Skye had in her room. She threw the dice for you, moved your pawn and read the cards. 

You threw her your best glare. She was exhausted, like you. A strange buzzing in your chest, a restless feeling you tried to push down, kept distracting you from your thoughts. You felt like a balloon about to blow or a volcano about to erupt. ''You're lucky you're behind glass.''

Skye smiled smugly, pulling her cross-legged body a little closer to the board. ''Or what, you would have fought me?'' The both of you tried to stay positive and it did help to undergo the same fate together, but it was hard when nobody knew exactly what had happened and why you felt so anxious all the time. 

''For that remark? Definitely.''

Your girlfriend smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. They were dull actually, not their usual sparkling brown. She was grieving Trip, like everyone else. Three SHIELD agents went into the temple, only two came out alive. Trip was in litteral pieces and every time you closed your eyes, you saw him die. 

Your face fell. The jokes did nothing to take your mind off the dread in your stomach. ''You feel it too. I'm not going crazy, right?'' Your voice was just above a whisper, but it froze Skye's hand in the air. 

Her brown eyes darted around the lab outside of your hamster cages, making sure nobody heard or would hear her answer. She nodded, the joy from a second ago completely gone. ''The restlessness, the buzzing. Something has changed. We have changed.''

She described what you were feeling, but there was a difference. While her fingers were shaking ever so slightly every time she went to pick up a pawn, you were constantly hot. Hot to the point where you were sweating in just a tank top. 

Skye sat in her sweatshirt and repeatedly pulled the sleeves over her fingers because the base was so cold, but to you it was as if you were on fire. Your hair was already away from your neck to release some warmth, but it didn't help. Fitz had said you had a fever.

''I'm scared,'' you admitted. Never did you want her to hold you as much as right now. Just her hand on yours would be enough. 

She watched you play with the threads on your sweatpants. ''I know. I am too.''

The peace and silence was interrupted by the rest of the team marching into the lab. Mack with a deep frown on his face, unable to look at the two people in quarantine. In the alien underground city, he had been possessed, turned into nothing more than a mindless zombie. But while he was cured and cleared quickly, you and Skye would never return to your old selves.