Chapter 28

Padmé sat by (Y/n), who was squeezing her eyes shut at the pain flowing through her. Rohan joined the Senator, an extremely worried look on her face.

"What's-What's happening?" Rohan asked.

"I don't know, but Obi-Wan might." Ahsoka said.

"Ahsoka, are you there?" Anakin's voice came through her commlink.

"I'm here, Master. The bomb's been deactivated, but something is wrong with Master Galad. She seems to be in a lot of pain." Ahsoka stated.

"Pain? What do you mean? What happened?" Obi-Wan's voice said, worried.

"I-I don't know. Senator Padmé said Vindi's droid did something, made her cry out in pain and cover her ears. Speaking of, did you find Vindi? He'll know what the droid did." Ahsoka said, her worry for the master growing.

"Yeah, we have him here. We need you to bring Master Galad up to the surface, quickly." Anakin said.

Bucky acted fast, picking up his general, and the group started to make their way out of the lab.

"W-Wait...s-stop... the b-bomb it-it doesn't..." (Y/n)'s weak voice said.

"Senator, you should see this." one of the troopers said, picking up the bomb. "It's one of the virus bombs." he handed it to Padmé.

"It looks like the chamber that holds the virus is missing." she claimed.

"The-The droid... he has it..." (Y/n) said, the pain lessening, but still there.

"Sound the alarm!" Padmé commanded.

They attempted to run out of the lab, the clones, Ahsoka, and Rohan searching for the bomb while Padmé and Jar Jar were left in the room in their suits, but a large explosion rocked the ground around them. The red light for the alarm blared.

"Virus leak." Rex informed. "Get to the safe room, come on!"

The blue cloud of the virus was quickly gaining on them.

"There's the safe room! No chance!"

"Hurry! The doors are closing!"

Ahsoka and Rohan held the doors open as the clones ran inside. They quickly jumped in the room at the last second.

"Bucky, put me down." (Y/n) said.

"Are you sure, sir?" Bucky questioned, making sure. He didn't want his general to collapse.

"Yes. Please, Captain." (Y/n) confirmed, and the trooper set her down on her feet. She began to lean against the wall.

Rohan approached Bucky with a concerned look on her face. The clone looked at the padawan and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. Rohan looked at him and smiled. Thankfully, the red of the room was hiding her darkening face.

"Ahsoka, what is going on down there?" Anakin asked.

"The droids released the virus, but we managed to seal the lab."

"And Padmé? (Y/n)? Are they okay?"

"Haven't heard from Padmé since the bomb, but (Y/n) is here with us. She's still in pain, but seems to be getting better." Ahsoka said, looking to the Jedi who was leaning against the wall. It still hurt to move, but she was attempting to channel the Force to have the pain temporarily lessen.

"No, no, no!" One of the soldiers exclaimed, looking at a data computer. "Some of the virus got in here! We didn't close the door fast enough!"

"We may be dead men, but we could still stop those droids." Rex said, turning to Ahsoka and Rohan.