Chapter Five

I groaned as I awoke. I quickly took in my surroundings. I was in a circular glass cell. There was a bed (which I was lying on), and nothing else.

I sat up and rubbed my head. I noticed that my arms were heavier than usual and looked down at my wrists. There were two metal bands around them. I tried to pull them off, but my efforts were futile. I tried to access my magic, but I quickly found that I couldn't.

The Avengers were prepared for me, it seemed. The mischievous god got me. I allowed myself a small smile.

Suddenly there was a buzzing sound and the metal bands on my wrists clicked together. I tried to pull them away, but they were locked there. Like handcuffs.

There was a hiss and I looked up to see a door-shaped hole in the glass. Captain America and the Black Widow entered my cell.

"Let's go," Captain America said.

I looked at him curiously but didn't move. He sighed and walked over to me. He grabbed me under the shoulders and hoisted me to my feet.

"Woah, touchy feely much," I grumbled.

The captain stiffened but didn't remove his hand. He led me out of the cell and down a hall. We entered a room that had a table and three chairs. I saw a wall of glass behind the table and bet my lifesavings that it was a two-way mirror.

Captain America let go of me.

"Sit down," he ordered.

I slowly did as he said. He and the Black Widow sat opposite me.

"What's your name?" Mr America asked.

"My name?" I asked innocently.

"There's no one else here," the Black Widow said.

"I go by many names," I replied.

Both of them glared at me. I just shrugged.

"How old are you?" Mr Rogers asked.

"Younger than you, I'd bet," I snickered.

Captain America scowled.

"You know, this would be a lot more fun if I didn't have these on," I said, waving my cuffs in front of his face.

"You deserve those. You're a villain," he said.

"What is this, a superhero movie?" I asked. "I'm not a villain."

"Well, you're not a hero," the Black Widow said.

"What, and you are?" I retorted.

Her mouth thinned and Captain America glared at me. I only felt a little bad.

Okay, I felt really bad for saying that, but she insulted me first.

"She is a hero. She's made up for her past crimes," Mr America said.

I rolled my eyes and slumped back into my chair.

"Who do you work for?" Mr America asked.

"What is this, an interrogation?" I joked.

No one laughed.

"Do you work for Hydra?" he pressed.

I snorted.

"Mr Captain America, it's always Hydra this and Hydra that. You know that there are a whole bunch of other evil organisations, right?" I said.

His mouth thinned but he didn't reply.

"Or are you just obsessed with Hydra because they kept your lover hostage?" I asked.

The captain choked.

"He's not – he's not my lover," he said, turning red.

I laughed lightly.

"Sure, he's not. You know, in all the movies, it's only true love that can break the spell-"

"That's enough!" the Black Widow yelled.

She slammed her hands on the table and stood up, leaning towards me until her face was right in front of mine.

"Who do you work for?" she growled.

"Oooh, scary!" I mocked.

She snarled. She was actually really scary, but I wasn't going to let her know that.

"Who said I was working for anyone?" I asked. "I could be working for myself. I'm a strong, independent woman."

The Black Widow looked at Captain America. She nodded to him, and they both got up and left.

"Hey, can you get me a cheeseburger or something?" I called after them.

There was no response. I looked at my wrists. I heard light footsteps and looked up, hoping for a cheeseburger. Instead, the handsome, dark-haired god walked through the door. He walked past me and sat down in the chair Mr America had just vacated.

"Hello, Dear," he said politely.

"Hello, Handsome," I replied, batting my eyelashes.

Loki looked surprised for a moment before he smiled mischievously.

"I apologise for knocking you out," he said.

"If I were to get knocked out by anyone, I'd want it to be you," I said.

Loki chuckled.

"So, you're the silver-tongued god I've heard so much about," I said after a moment of silence.

Loki smiled wider.

"Where have you heard of me?" he asked, leaning forwards slightly.

"Oh, you know, the organisation I used to work for wanted me to kill you. And I've seen you on the news," I said, shrugging.

"Who exactly did you work for, my dear?" he asked.

"That's too personal," I said. "Why don't we talk about something fun?"

Loki rolled his eyes playfully.

"How about you tell me your name, and then we can talk about something fun," he proposed.

I bit my lip. He was interesting and alluring. Maybe him knowing my name wouldn't be a bad thing.

"I'll tell you my name if you promise to still call me 'Dear'," I said innocently.

Loki chuckled.

"Deal," he said.

I smirked and leaned back in my chair.

"Y/n. My name is y/n."