CHapter Twenty Eight: D3: Chapter Eight

Third Person's P.O.V

          Mal Uma and them arrive at fairy cottage. Someones banging on the closet door. "Chad?"

          "I want my mommy. No."

          "It's okay. What happened, buddy?"

          "Hmm. Ben. Ben!" Chad gasps. "Your face. She's gone? Huh? The door is open. I'm free. Freedom! Oh! Freedom!" Harry laughs, finding the situation amusing. At the museum they find Fairy Godmother turned to stone.

          "Oh, my gosh. Hi, Mom. Um, I don't know if you can hear me. But it's been a really crazy day. On the plus side, it's been the longest birthday I've ever had. On the minus side, everybody's under an evil spell."

          "But on the plus side, Carlos remembered my birthday. See? We're going to figure out how to undo this. We'll find a way to make this right, Mom."

          "Move out of my way." Jane steps aside a Reese tries to reverse the spell with her ember. Unfortunately she's not strong enough and blast of power sends her flying back. Gil catches her. "Worth a shot, and thanks."

          "You're welcome."

          "Ooh. All right. Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already." Mal laughs.

          "What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?"

          "You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up."

          "Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over." This causes Ben to look at Mal confused.

          "Mal?"

          "I have to tell you guys something. Um..." She sighs. "I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle.

          "What do you mean?"

          "The program is shut down. And the barrier... will be closed for good." Harry grunts annoyed. "For Auradon's safety."

          "Hold up. So we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie. This is why Reese is so pissed at you." Mal doesn't answer. "I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself."

          "And you, King Benny..." Harry speaks up stepping towards him. "you're probably just gonna throw us all back inside."

          "You know what? I actually thought you were brave. You're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again." SHegrabs the ember out of Mal's hand.

          "Celia. Celia. Celia, no!" SHe throws it in to a bird feeder. 

         "Regain your might and ignite! No... Regain your might and ignite!" She looks at Uma.

         "Bummer. Let's go find Gil, Reese, and Kitty, and leave them all to rot." Her and Harry leave.

         "No. Uh... Uma! Evie... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I thought that... I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my best friend. But I had to do something. I had to protect Auradon.

          "Closing the barrier was your idea?" Evie's voice is full of hurt and betrayal. "How could you do that to Reese?"

          "I did it for us. I did it for our life that we have here now."

          "For our life? What about the kids that we left behind on that island? The kids that we promised? We were their only hope. I thought you were gonna stand up for the V.K.'s. But instead, you lied to them. And you lied to Jay. And you lied to Carlos. And you lied to me. We're your family."

          "Evie. Evie, come on. I had no choice! No." She stares as all of her friends have been turned to stone.

Reese's P.O.V

          "Uh guys, Somethings coming." I pull out my sword and get ready to fight. 

          "Janey keep kitty back. More suits of armor really." I growl annoyed.

          "You go that way." I nod and go the opposite way of him. After a few minutes, they just drop motionless.

          "Mally did it. SHe won."

          "Mom. Mom!" I sheathe my sword and walk over to where they are.

          "Bibbidi-bobbidi, what happened?"

          "The spell has been broken. It's okay."

          "Something's wrong." I mutter to myself. "We need to find the others now!" I say nervous.