Chapter 3

I was still not quite understanding I was filled with questions. "Okay, what go back so you're telling me Miguel went to the store right over there and some punk kids were making fun of his Yaya because she had diarrhea," Nicole tried to hold back her giggles "And dad you fought the kids that beat up Miguel and with that, you started this dojo in the time Miguel moved here and the time I arrived, and now you are trying to find students."

They looked at each other and nodded, "yup pretty much."

"Wow, no offense dad I thought you were living in some shit hole and you wanted company," Maybe that one should have stayed in my thoughts.

With all the questions that ragged on in Nicole were answered and with that Nicole and Miguel were the only students that went to Cobra Kai, technically it wasn't open yet. With that Miguel still need to learn how to fight and Nicole was ready to begin the journey with him.

Nicole and Miguel would go to karate every day after school. They would mostly fix things that weren't in place until cobra kai was ready to open but with that, they still learned how to fight. At first, it was really the only defense they started off with.

One day in the dojo Dad got a call. The call was about Robby my brother and a drug he was doing he was screaming up throwing his life away. Miguel and I didn't really care we were focusing on trying to hit the dummy. We had no clue what we were doing, throwing weak punches.

"No, no, no, you guys are doing it all wrong," he paused "what do you want kids to dump shit on your head. Do you want the girls to think you're a wangless dork." giggled as he stopped causing him to turn at me. "You're not doing any better you could both walk out of here and let the world know you're losers," he told us what to do where to place our feet, and to look your enemy in the eyes.

"Picture your enemies," Johnny told us.

It took us a second I didn't know who to picture maybe I didn't need to picture someone but something I had the thoughts of my parents fighting and drinking. my thought went away when I saw Miguel punch the dummy I knew he thought about Kyler after the day he sat next to Sam. but I need to focus so I pushed it just as hard. We kept hitting it again, again, again, and again.

After that training Sensei made us clean the bathroom and the front windows. I heard the bell ring when a customer walked in, but my dad was taking care of it so I continued to clean.

"Welcome to cobra kai," he said.

"Somethings never changed," the man said. I saw my dad looking at me so I went to go "help" Miguel in the bathroom.

I heard mumbling while I was trying to fill Miguel in and I was telling him how this face was familiar. Miguel and I walked out me in the back of him.

"I'm sorry sensei," Miguel said even though he knew what I just said.

"sensei, really?" the man said. johnny nodded. "kids, I don't know what he's told you but you shouldn't believe a word this man says or you're gonna end up like him. you and I, this we aren't done," as the man left the building.

"We're sorry if we interpreted anything," I said. and Miguel went on, " we can do twenty pushups on our knuckles," I nudged him knowing full well I wasn't about to do 20 pushups and on my knuckles.

"hah right like yall could," he told us as he stared out the window.

Months and months went by Miguel and I were practicing all the time though I do believe he put in a bit more work than me. It was already the end of October and you know what that means I thought maybe a pirate or the devil, Miguel said he was gonna be Deadpool but there was still some time away so we just needed to figure it out.

it was another day practicing at the dojo. "Yall don't happen to have friends, oh wait who am I kidding you guys don't have friends, "we both turned and scoffed at his words.

"Sensei when are we gonna learn how to kick I saw this youtube video and it looked badass." I nodded in agreement.

"Yea kicking is badass but you guys aren't ready, and besides if I don't get more students in here I'm not going to be able to teach you guys," he told us.

"you've thought about advertising right," I told him." yea duh. of course," he said I could hear the lie in his voice.

It was a new day and Miguel and I had school so we walked together like any other day. It was lunchtime and we were sitting with the boys like any regular day.

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter send a cruel message online can be just as hurt full as saying it to their face. Now I'm not gonna name names but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids made fun of his facial disformity." everyone was pointing and saying it was Eli after the counselor reported this. I made eye contact with Eli and gave him an apologetic look and smiled, he faked one back. " but today our goal here is to make this school a safe place." she continued.

"you know if you're sick of getting bullied our karate dojo is looking for recruits" I kicked Miguel because I thought it might be too sensitive but he smiled at him and this one didn't seem to be fake.

"yea right, you hear that Eli little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass," Demitri never was up to any idea.

"Were serious, our sensei is the real deal and I'm sure I can you both discounts" I told them. as we were talking the teacher interrupted us yet again. "oh and one last thing while we are all looking forward to Halloween and let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. for example instead of sexy nurse maybe try gender neutral hospital employee."

"fuck that I'm still being a sexy pirate," we all giggled.

After school, Miguel and I waited at the dojo until my dad came even though he did in fact say 5. " sensei you did tell us to be here at five right?" Miguel questioned him.

"Yea, but today's training is canceled," he told us. "what why," I asked him.

"Because I said so," as he was unlocking the door Miguel and I slipped in. we walked into his office and Miguel pulled out his computer and showed him the website we made during study hall. "we made it in study hall click on the snake," we told him as he clicked on it brought us to a sign in. Miguel's phone rang playing a song my dad told us about at one of our training.

"Alright you two meet me at the high school at midnight, don't be late," we questioned why to meet him.

"you want to learn how to kick ass, first you gotta learn how to kick," he told us.

We met him and he taught us how to use our legs by tying our hands up and pushing us in a pool. ill tell you what that sure was a learning experience.