spread love, not hate

Believe it or not, words hurt. Mean comments hurt. Even if they are made through a screen, they still hurt. Instead of being so invested in the way others look, who they’re with and what they do, let’s concentrate on ourselves. Concentrate on making the world a better place. Instead of writing a hateful comment under someone’s post or picture, write a compliment or a comforting message. Tell them something that will make them feel better about themselves. Spread love. Not hate. 

Warnings: language

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So ugly.

Pathetic.

You don’t deserve him, dumb bitch.

You’re worthless.

Dropping your phone to the ground, you started crying. Slowly, you dropped to the ground as well and started crying while sitting on your knees.

“I don’t deserve him.”

The moment you and Chris made it official, was the happiest day ever. Everyone would finally be able to know how much you loved each other and hopefully they would be supportive.

But it was the complete opposite. 

The so called “fans” started bashing you for dating Chris. Every day you received horrible messages on social media. People posted terrible things and comments about you.

Most of them criticized the way you looked. People thought you were “too ugly” for Chris. They thought that because you weren’t famous, you were worthless and he was dating you so “you didn’t feel bad”.

Every single comment you read, you ignored. Putting all your strength into forgetting the mean words people said to you. But you’ve been strong for too long. You couldn’t forget it anymore. 

Tears after tears escaped your eyes and sobs erupted from you every now and then. You started questioning everything. The way you looked, your body, your personality. You even questioned Chris’s love for you.

You didn’t notice Chris had rushed inside when he heard the loud thump. He sat on the floor next to you and pulled you into a hug. He placed you on his lap and started rocking you back and forth.

“Honey, what’s wrong? Why are you so sad? Talk to me.”

A sob escaped your lips, “They hate me.”

“Babe-”

“They say I’m worthless. And ugly. And that I don’t deserve you. The worst part is that they’re right. They’re all right.”

“What?! Don’t even dare say that again. Ever. You’re the most amazing person I’ve ever met. You’re so beautiful, inside and out. I promise. If anything, I don’t deserve you.”

You looked up at him and he felt his heart shatter. You had tears running down your face and wore such a sad look. He hated seeing you like this. He hated how much people’s comments were hurting you. It was starting to hurt him as well. 

“Do you love me?”

A tear escaped his eye, “How could you even ask that, sweetheart? Yes, I love you with my entire heart. I’ve never felt this way for anyone else and I’m happy I feel it for you.”

You felt the warm feeling of joy and relief crawl back in, “I love you, too.” 

Placing one of his hands on your delicate cheek, he leaned in and kissed you. 

The rest of the night, he showed you how much he loves you. He made you feel beautiful and wanted. 

Since that day you never doubted his love for you. 

But most importantly, since that day you never doubted yourself. If people didn’t like you, then that was their headache. Not yours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m so grateful for every single person that reads this imagines. ily <3