Chapter 1

Sabrina is startled when her mother-in-law barges into her bedroom suddenly. She was sitting in front of her vanity, combing her long cherry brown hair as Vivian strolled in without so much as a knock. It was a shock really. No one came to her room, she was barely even spoken too, or even acknowledged. They hardly looked her way, but, here is her mother-in-law acting as if it was her right to barge in.

She was still wearing her black nightgown from last night and had the prissy uptight expression she kept on. Her nails were perfectly done, painted red, and her hair hung above her shoulders flawlessly straightened. Elegantly presentable as always. She nears one of the four bedposts, touching the carvings throughout while letting her vision clash with Sabrina's reflection in the mirror. "All of your things need to be moved into Nathan's bedroom."

"What for?" She married her son fourteen long, boring, months ago, and it wasn't by choice for neither party. She puts down the brush and turns in her seat. She understood keeping up the pretense when they were in public together, but she sees no reason to share a room with a man she barely knows.

"Clarissa, Jacob, and the kids will be staying with us for a while. They've sold their house faster than expected, and will be here until they found a new one."

Clarissa is Vivian and Desmond Alden's firstborn. She hasn't lived at home in years. She married and just had her fourth child only months ago. Sabrina and her elder sister-in-law met for the first time at the fake wedding. She was so sweet to a woman she thought held her brother's heart.

"Does Nathan know?" She looks back at herself and puts on her pearl earrings.

"Yes, and he's not happy about it."

"Well, that makes the two of us."

Vivian rolls her eyes.

Clarissa and their younger daughter Baylee have no idea that their brother's marriage is a big sham. The only people who knew were their parents, and the maids and butlers are not blind but they're paid well.

"When do they arrive?" Sabrina remembers to ask just before Vivian's hand touched the doorknob to leave.

"Next week. Get Wanda to help you." She orders before shutting the door.

She finds herself alone on the bed remembering how her life got to this point. Her father begged her to get married by pushing the guilt of his cancer on her. The last thing she wanted was to marry a man who didn't want her. It hurt her more than she thought possible. Fourteen months of living in her room reading her life away, and with her stubborn attitude, she refused to ask for anything.

It wasn't supposed to hurt her that these people hated her. It wasn't supposed to feel good when her husband kissed her at the altar.
Her husband wasn't supposed to be forced to marry her either.
How is she going to sleep in the same room with a man who can't stand her? A man who let the maid show her to her room on their wedding night. Her eyes unintentionally close themselves as she recalls that part.

Nathan is a twenty-seven-year-old, strong, built man of 6.4, with hazel eyes and black short hair. His body is sculpted like a Greek god. The only reason she knew that is because she watched him on their honeymoon. Yes, they had to go on one. For some reason, it was very important to keep up the illusion.

The whole week they spent in Bermuda, he ignored her and focused on work and his phone. The room had one bed, and he chose to sleep away from her, on the sofa. It didn't stop her from taking her eye full of him. She hated it but she was attracted to him. She watched him take off his clothes before he showered in the morning; She watched him swim in the indoor pool they had in their suit. She was hot and bothered the entire trip, but although she was having all of these feelings, she didn't really want him near her.