Chapter 16| AYA

"My real name is Cid Waldon. I am the Cid Waldon, the true Waldon heir. Rick is my friend/ assistant. We did it because of my dad's orders. I was never an angel before I met you, you know? My dad sent me here to be punished. I am sorry!"

Surprised is an understatement. I'm stunned. Words can't describe how I felt. Cid told me he is not who he was and is the true Waldon heir. He is the Cid Waldon. The infamous Waldon son!

"I know how demonic the life lived by the Waldon heir. It is always in the news and was a prevalent topic in W, Cid!"

"Ouch! The way you look at me right now, it is like you want to kill me, My Aya!"

"So tell me, Cid, is this the part where you let go of me, and I do the walk of shame out from here?"

I tried to get out of his embrace and felt tears falling from my eyes. I don't know why tears just fell. He didn't let me go. He wiped my tears with his small kisses.

"Of course not, My Aya! If there is one thing that my being a Waldon means right now is that I am never letting you go!"

"But, I am not... I can't be. We shouldn't... this is not right, Cid!"

"What is not right? Who said that we shouldn't be together?"

"I... I should go now. Don't worry, Cid, I'll call Jane to pick me up. Thanks for the dinner!"

I immediately run out of the penthouse towards the elevator. I heard Cid calling my name. Thank God the elevator was open, and I hurriedly closed it after I got in. I ran fast towards the hotel exit and rode the parked cab outside. As soon as I arrived at the apartment, I told Jane to pay for the taxi for me because I realized I left my purse in Cid's penthouse. With no questions asked, Jane got her wallet and went outside. I locked my bedroom door. I slipped off from the dress I was wearing, changed into my PJs, and got into my bed. 

I don't know for how long I have stared at my ceiling. I didn't even know what I was thinking. It was blank. Blank in thoughts, but the only thing that didn't leave my mind was Cid's face. 

He is the Cid Waldon. So he did my garden assignment, which explains the flowers. 

"What makes the HR scene, huh, Cid? Rick even fired you, huh?! Ugh!!!"

Knock! Knock!

"Aya! Cid just left. He brought your purse and the pink roses! The roses are perfect!"

"You should have shoved it to his ass, Mama Jane!"

"That is for you to do, I believe! But Aya, why don't you come out here so we can talk face to face without shouting? I want to preserve my voice, you know!"

"Are you sure Cid is not out there?"

"I told him to leave. It's just me here! Trust me Aya."

I opened the door and saw Mama Jane sitting on the couch. She looked at me with her smirking face. 

"Come here, Aya. This will be a long night, I supposed!"

"Are you laughing, Mama Jane? What is funny? What did Cid tell you?"

"Oh believe me Aya, I am not laughing, laughing. I am laughing, happy hearing Cid's confession."

"Shouldn't you be angry like me? He fooled us all! He and Rick."

"Um, I think it's not fooling bad. I remember how I love watching "Undercover Boss," remember? We both enjoyed that!"

"Mama Jane, I still don't think this is funny!"

"What do you want to do, my dear? That we wreak havoc towards Cid? Do you want me to strangle him? I don't think that will be wise the more that we know now who he is."

"That is the problem now, his being a Waldon! It's not some Wattpad Billionaire story, Mama Jane!"

"Well, I'd rather have Cid's life story than any horror ones. I imagine how W birdies will react to the news tomorrow?"

"Mama Jane!"

"What?" Mama Jane couldn't hide her laughter. "But seriously, what is the problem?"

"Can't you see it? He is up there!" I massaged my temples with my hands as I felt a headache coming. "And I am nowhere near his league."

"Aya, why don't you face this maturely? Since you said this is not some billionaire story, right? Why take it against Cid? It's not his fault that he was born a Waldon. Why don't you appreciate he took the risk, to be honest with you? I spoke to him. He stayed here for an hour, explaining everything. For f*** sake Aya, the poor guy cried to me!"

"Did he? Is he okay?"

"He wanted to talk to you, but I told him to give you time for tonight. So give the heir some slack!"

"But I am mad at him for lying! Imagine the show he and Rick made with HR and me?"

"Don't worry; I smacked him on the head for that! But I won't tolerate you acting like some damsel in distress in romance stories because you discovered your lover is some billionaire! This is real life! We should celebrate! Hahaha!!!"

"Gosh, Mama Jane! You are killing me with your laugh!"

"Seriously, Aya... I only have one question for you. Will it be okay to not have Cid in your life? Can you live with him out of your life? Because he said he will not be okay to not have you in his. You won't believe what he said, he will give up his being a Waldon for you. How stupid can he get?"

"Did he say that? What should I do now, Mama Jane?"

"Check your phone. I am sure Cid has been calling and sending you messages since you stormed out of your date."

"Yeah, he texted me asking if we can talk."

"Be a mature 23-year-old girlfriend. Text him you will talk to him tomorrow. And please, for the love of reality, tomorrow fix your ego. This time, think of your happiness, Aya. Live life! Love and be loved! Goodnight! Sweet dreams! Long hair!"

"Agh! You are making fun of me, Mama Jane!"

"I am just so happy for you, my daughter! I love you!"

"Thanks, Mama Jane. I love you too!"

Everything that Mama Jane said is true. And I know the answer to the one question. Before I went to sleep, I texted Cid.

***