The Explanation

A/N: Sorry that it's a day late, I was busy yesterday and the majority of today, but as promised, here's two new chapters!

Everyone stared at them, uncomfortable. The tension in the room was high, bordering on unbearable. It was quiet for a moment, before Harry broke the silence . "Ron I didn't mean it like that."

"Oh so how did you mean it then? Is there even another way to take that?"

"Ron, listen I-" Harry got cut off.

"A couple days taking care of the person who bullied you for five years and suddenly he's your favorite. I hate to break it to you Harry, he's still the same person. He's the same exact person. The same person who despises you in all ways possible." Ron replied.

Harry's jaw clenched. He gave up trying to explain for the moment, and started trying to defend Draco. For the moment, his Draco. "That's the thing Ron! He's not the same person! Not now at least!" Harry took in a deep breath before continuing. "Right now he's just a toddler, a toddler who does not hate me, and does not hate you guys. He's just a kid Ron, this Draco hasn't done anything wrong." Harry was stung deeply by Ron's words, and he did his best not to show it. "And you never even let me finish what I was saying. I only said that to him so he didn't get upset Ron." The room was silent.

Ron looked at Harry, suddenly feeling very guilty. "I'm- I'm sorry mate, I overreacted. I know he isn't the same person right now. Everythings just so bloody strange right now, I mean you have a tiny Malfoy running around."

Harry chuckled a little, much calmer now. "He's surprisingly well behaved actually, you'd kinda expect him to be a bratty toddler, but he's really not." He paused for a moment. "Anyways, are you guys hungry at all? I think we missed lunch, I don't have much, but I think I can make some ham sandwiches."

"I could eat, as long as it's not too much trouble," Blaise said, Pansy and Ron agreeing.

"I could help you Harry, if you don't mind." Hermione said.

"No, it's no trouble at all, and 'Mione, you really don't have too, but if you want to you can I guess." Harry said, before turning and walking to the kitchen. Hermione followed him.

Once they had started to get the food out, Hermione spoke up. "Harry, I know what you said about only telling Draco that he was your favorite to not upset him wasn't true. I'm not mad, I'm just honestly surprised."

Harry turnt to look at Hermione. He was kinda shocked that she had caught onto the lie, but this was Hermione after all, she's pretty much a genius. In hindsight, it really wasn't that convincing, anyone who was watching them at all probably could've figured out he was lying. Now that he thought about it, maybe the surprising thing wasn't that Hermione had caught on, and instead it was that nobody else had. Still, he shrugged his shoulders and looked back to the sandwich he was making. " I don't know what you're talking about, I wasn't lying."

"Harry, I'm not an idiot."

Harry sighed, he wasn't getting out of this one. "Look, 'Mione, I'm sorry, I'm not really sure when it happened, it just did. It's not that I like you guys any less, I just... I don't even know. It's not drastic, but it's definitely there." Harry sighed, if he was admitting to this he wanted to at least attempt to explain himself as best as he could. He refused to look at Hermione, instead focusing on the plate of sandwiches he was making. "I think it's just because he's so different than how he used to be, he's just so sweet... he's grown on me a lot." He paused, not speaking for a minute, putting a sandwich on a plate, and starting on another one. "I don't know 'Mione, I really don't want him to go back to despising me when he gets re-aged, which'll force Blaise and Pansy to choose sides, and no one wants to do that."

"Harry, I doubt that will happen. Over the past couple of days you've given him no reason to be mad at you, you've been nothing but extremely kind to him. Even if he did hate you before, maybe this will make him see you in a new light, and maybe he'll even attempt to be friends, like Blaise and Pansy. And speaking of Blaise and Pansy, our friendships with them are already strengthening, and maybe if he sees that, he'll come to realize his anger towards you over the years wasn't justified." Hermione said, piling the completed pile of sandwiches onto a plate.

"You're right, I'm just being ridiculous." He said with a reassuring smile. Even though Hermione's words made sense, he couldn't escape that nagging fear in the back of his head that after all of this is over, everything's just going to go back to normal, and Draco will hate him again.

The two carried the plate of food out into the living room, where Blaise, Ron, and Pansy were all talking. It was a relieving sight for Harry, to see Ron freely and comfortably conversing with them, versus his attitude in the beginning towards the idea of forming a friendship with them. It was nice to see him coming to terms with things and accepting it. Hermione was right. Everything was going to be fine, even after Draco gets re-aged into a teenager. Maybe Draco will even be friends with them, but that was hoping for a lot. Harry would be thankful as long as Draco tolerated him, and didn't actively bully him.

"Oh yes, food. I'm starving." Ron said, grabbing a sandwich off of the plate before Hermione even had a chance to put it down.

"Merlin Ron, the food's not going anywhere, you don't have to attack it." Hermione said, chuckling a little.

"Yeah, yeah. This is a good sandwich though. Thanks guys, and again I'm sorry for exploding at you like that Harry." Ron said sheepishly.

"It's fine Ron, I get it. And you're welcome." Harry said, smiling. As they all ate, Draco's door opened, and the toddler appeared from his room, his hair adorably messy, still in his snake pajamas. He still looked very tired.

Draco walked over to Harry, and wordlessly settled down in his lap. "Wan sleep with chu..." He mumbled, before falling asleep like that, snuggled closely into Harry.

"Okay, that's absolutely adorable." Pansy cooed.

"Yes, yes it is." Hermione agreed.

Harry chuckled, smiling. "Like I told Ron, he's really well behaved, if not a little clingy." Harry loved having the toddler who adored him in his arms, in fact he felt more comfortable when he was. He didn't mind that Draco was clingy, he didn't mind at all.