9

I could feel it in the air....awkwardness.

What the actual fuck just left my mouth? I could tell Harry was thinking the same think because he sucked in a sharp breathe of air.

"I-" He started, struggling to find the right words to the mess I just made. I couldn't even feel the ground beneath me.

"Harry you don't have to say anything." I urged, shooing him slightly while trying to push my door closed. His boot stopped the door, and his palm rested against the side of the wall. I looked up, his green eyes glossed over with an emotion I couldn't even recognize.

Before I could even decide against it, his lips pressed against mine with force. I felt him grunt, like he'd waited so long for this moment. I melted. I let his lips move against mine, the taste of mint and bourbon sat on his tongue.

He had been drinking.

His hand rested on the small of my back and I placed both my hands on his chest. The moment was too perfect. It was exactly how it was meant to be.

That is, until I realized I was standing in my mother's house kissing her husband.

"Stop..." I gasped, still tasting him on my lips as I backed away. "Harry what the fuck are we doing?" I ran my fingers through my hair, suddenly stressed over the entire situation.

"I don't want to hurt her. Oh my god!" Harry bit his lip, regret washing over his entire face. He looked at me as if my face held the answers. "Caitlin." He spoke, closing his eyes as if wisdom had all of a sudden entered his thick skull.

I don't think I'd ever felt so eager to hear what this man had to say.

My lips tingled, like electricity had just surged through me, but my chest felt heavy as the guilt sat right there in the center of it.

I didn't know how much time had passed by this point, nor how long ago Harry had left my room.
Right now, I felt like a scared kid who didn't want to go outside.

I took the liberty to lay in bed, leaving my door open in silent hopes that he'd come back in.

I debated on whether I should go and....apologize?
"Hey Harry, sorry I kissed you. With tongue. Um, sorry I liked it. Sorry I would do it again."

I groaned, staring at my ceiling. Nel made adulthood seem so easy but I'm already fucking up and I haven't even started.

"Hey." Harry spoke from his room, I scattered to the door, tripping over my feet. "No no, we're fine." He chuckled.

He wasn't speaking to me.

I tiptoed to his room door. My mother's room door. I internally rolled my eyes at my conscience for reminding me of that fact.

"No baby, it's not the same here without you. I miss you."

I stopped.
My heart picked up crazy speed, my eyes widening.

I mean, what did you expect Caitlin?

My conscience needs to shut the fuck up.

I was too nosey to go back into my room so I pressed my ear against the room door, waiting to be hurt by more of the words that left his perfect, soft, pink lips.

"I love you too." He sighed. And I heard his phone hit the wall. My whole body tensed up. Did he just..?

I contemplated on knocking but that's when I heard it, clear as day.

Harry was crying.

My conscience held my hand and walked me right back to my room, closing the door for me.

It was official. I fucked up.