Chapter 5

"What do you mean? You left her there?!" Harry interrogated, getting up abruptly from the floor. 

"I didn't leave her there! She told me to go and she had this scary look on her face-" Ron replied, putting his hands on the top of his head. He set the bag that was on his shoulders on the chair, pacing through the tent. 

"She didn't want me to risk getting the locket caught. I wasn't thinking-"

"You shouldn't have left her! There were other ways! Right now she could be in the hands of those Death Eaters and oh-" Harry said, covering his hands on his face. 

Hermione was absolutely worried and said, "We have to do something. There are at least two Death Eaters out there and she isn't coming here. I know she doesn't want to risk our safety by coming here." 

"Then what should we do?" Harry asked. He was a total wreck. He was worried sick about Y/n, not even sure if she is alive or not. He didn't want another death to be because of his fault. He couldn't take it if she died because of him. He wouldn't and couldn't live without her. 

"We can't look for her, mate," Ron replied, stopping from his walk. 

"Why? She's alone, in the woods. It is night and she can't even come back here? We can't leave her there!" Harry exclaimed, breathing heavily. 

"There isn't anything we could do, Harry. I am immensely worried too but we can't risk going out there because none of us are coming back here if we do," she explained, looking distantly at the ground. 

"I'm worried sick and I can't do anything about it," Harry said through a strained voice. He sat defeatedly on his bed, placing his hands on his head.  

Hermione thought about everything and her eyes skimmed at her bag. Her face lit up as she got up from her chair. She ran to her bag, ignoring Ron's confused expression and dug out Harry's wand. Harry stared at her with uncertainty and a little bit of hope. Ron still hasn't moved and he held the horcrux tightly in his hand. Hermione walked to Harry and gave him his wand. "Harry, cast your Patronus. Make it find its way to Y/n and she will know we are safe," she said, grabbing Harry's hand and making the wand stay there. 

"Can she follow it to get back here?" Ron asked, walking closer to the two. He looked at Harry's wand and stared at Harry's joyous expression after a ray of hope just shined on them. 

Hermione shook her head intensely. "No, because if the Death Eaters are still out there, which are certain that they are, they are going to see it and follow it as well. We just have to hope she knows it is from you," Hermione explained, going to deeper thought, "Do you want to cast it or shall I?" 

Harry crossed his arms across his chest and nodded certainly, his expression changed abruptly at Hermione's news. "I am, I just need to concentrate right now. What will she say right now if she were in my situation?" Harry asked, turning to Hermione and Ron for reassurance. 

"She'll probably say, 'It's hard to concentrate knowing that someone's life is in danger but oh well, it is what it is,'" Ron imitated, with a little grin. This made Hermione chuckle and Harry felt a little better about the situation. 

"Yeah," he said, looking at the ground while grinning, "she will totally say that. Brilliant, I'm ready to cast it." Harry closed his eyes to concentrate and this made Hermione and Ron stay silent. Harry thought about a happy memory with Sirius and he almost could produce it if it wasn't for the reminder that he was killed right in front of him. He thought about a time at Hogwarts until he remembered that Professor Dumbledore died. He couldn't think of anything and he said defeatedly, "I can't cast it." 

"Come on, Harry," Ron encouraged, going to a chair behind him and sitting on it. "You got this." 

"Thanks," Harry said, dryly. 

"She needs you, Harry," Hermione pleaded, looking into Harry's worried expression. 

Harry lifted his chest and nodded confidently. He knew that Y/n's safety is at risk and he wouldn't stop until she is with him again. Y/n. He thought about the time she was in the bleachers when he tried out for the Quidditch team. Her face that was full of delight, her cheers that were heard from all the way up where he was and her hug when she congratulated him for making it. That brought Harry a grin while he continued to concentrate. 

He thought about a different memory he had and it was one of the most happiest he ever felt. It was the time at the Yule Ball when he saw Y/n walk down the steps. She had this amazing purple dress on, highlighting the most beautiful y/e/c (your eye color) eyes he ever stared at. The smile she gave him and the way she teased when he stared just a little too long. The ball was amazing and he even asked her to dance with him.

*flashback*

"You look brilliant and I was wondering if you would like to dance with me?" I asked, staring at her. 

"I don't think that will be fair to Padma," she said, turning to look at my date. 

"Trust me, he's all yours," was Padma's reply. A little rude, to be honest, but Y/n's face made it clear she was thriving off her response. 

"That settles it," Y/n said, giving me her hand. 

I bowed and held her hand with my sweaty one. I could tell she noticed it but she was too kind to say anything. The first dance was incredible, she danced brilliantly. She was full of grace and her feet danced lightly on the floor while I stomped and tripped over nothing. She laughed and I did too. 

"You're such a great dancer, Harry," she said, as I stumbled once again. 

"I know I am not. You don't have to lie to me," I said, extending my arm for her to spin. 

"Eh, I had worse," she replied. 

"Really?" I asked, not sure what she meant. 

"I didn't get asked to the ball so I can't compare your dancing to any one. So, consider yourself the most incredible dancer I have ever waltz with," she said. Though she acted not bothered, there was a shadow that went through her face. I could tell it destroyed her and I cursed myself for not having the courage to ask her myself. 

"No one asked you?" I asked stupidly.

Her face was sad and said, "Nope. No one did. But, enough about my pathetic story about how no one asked me. Let's dance!" She spun me around this time and started to dance more freely with me. I chuckled and this time they played more upbeat music. We danced ridiculously and it was one of the most amazing memories I had ever experienced. I just wish I could've asked her. 

*end of flashback*

"Expecto Patronum," Harry casted. A soft blue glow came out of his wand and soon started to form into a Stag. Harry ordered it to find Y/n and all he could do was hope that she would be safe tonight. 

"I guess we just have to wait now," Hermione said, anxiously. 

Everyone followed the stag with their eyes, its illuminating blue light marking the stag, all the way to the exit of the tent. It pranced and walked along gracefully, making its way to Y/n. Once the soft glow wasn't seen from inside the tent anymore, the three left inside stared absently at anything as they worried about their friend, in complete anxious silence.