25. friend or foe

A lot happened in the time following the opening of the bunker door.

Firstly, we had received a radio call from Raven, letting us know that she was alive and that she needed someone to come get her from the island.

I was furious (more upset than I already was) that she had been left behind in the first place, but I couldn't worry about that anger right now.

The second occurrence had been the fact that one hundred members from each clan had begun to move into the bunker, pushing our people out of the beds that they had wrongly claimed as their own.

The quiet chatter of the people milling about in the main part of the bunker filled my ears as a group of us stood in the office.

My dark eyes found themselves shifting between Clarke and Jaha, trying to figure out what they thought they were doing when they essentially stole the bunker. I could barely even look at them without feeling immense anger.

"This facility won't run by itself." Kane announced as he leaned over a blueprint of the bunker.

"We'll need to prioritize doctors and engineers." Abby declared, she too looking down at the blueprint.

"What about Raven?" I questioned, only looking to Abby and Kane.

"Of course we'll go for Raven." Kane assured, giving me a nod of comfort.

Jaha, who stood by the doors of the office, looking into the crowded rotunda. "You call this justice?"

"I call this making things right." Octavia corrected, a certain harshness to her words. "Thanks to my brother."

Jaha turned around, a look of shock coming to his face as he looked to Bellamy and then to Clarke. "You let this happen?" he demanded, his partner in crime no longer such. "How many of us have to die?"

"You're lucky it's not all of you." Indra stepped in.

"Lucky?" Jaha echoed, causing me to roll my eyes. I was sick of him choosing who's lives were expendable. This was not the first time he had selfishly made decisions.

Sensing the tension in the room, Kane spoke up again. "We have 100 spots. The other clans have all...have all chosen their survivors. We have to do the same."

"100." Jaha repeated. "We have over 4 times that."

Octavia didn't look at him this time as she spoke. "A pain that all clans feel."

My arms were crossed firmly over my chest as I spoke. "This should be nothing new to you." I fired, "I mean you sent 100 of us down here to die, right?"

Jaha looked over at me, dumbfounded. He shook his head, choosing to ignore my comment as he looked to Clarke. "You wanted this?" he asked in disbelief.

Clarke shook her head. "No one wanted this."

I jumped as Octavia slammed her hands down on the desk. "Want has nothing to do with it!" she snapped. "Skaikru gets 100 beds, same as everybody else. Bellamy and Avery each get one of them. The rest is up to you."

She gave Bellamy and I each a quick glance, one in which I returned with a grateful nod. She then turned and began making her way toward the exit. "The Death Wave comes in 24 hours. You've got 12 to decide."

Silence settled over the office as Octavia and Indra made their leave, leaving just a few of us remaining.

Jaha looked around at the group of us, as if he were hoping someone was going to speak up and contradict what Octavia said.

After a moment or two of him looking at us, saying nothing, I scoffed. All of their eyes were on me as I began to make my way out of the office.

I couldn't stand in there and look at them knowing they had just about sentenced Octavia, Kane and I to death, meanwhile breaking a sacred Grounder practice.