29

"Oh my god, why the hell am I so terrible at this?" Chaerin groaned, sitting on the floor. She just had just gathered enough courage to cook a simple recipe for Yoongi.

But all her hopes crashed as she realized that cooking wasn't one of her best skills.

So she sat on the floor, groaning in exasperation.

"What's the sound?" Yoongi inquired as he entered the kitchen. Or should he say, what was once a kitchen. His eyes widened at the number of plates in the sink and the mess that was made.

Within a second, he understood the situation. "What were you trying to make?" Yoongi asked, brows furrowed.

"Pasta," she simply replied. However, whatever was on the plate didn't look like pasta at all. It was a burnt black dish that looked like it was made by a third-grader who didn't have a clue on how to cook.

Yoongi but the inside of his cheek, his eyes scanned the dish on the plate. "I'll taste it."

Chaerin rolled her eyes, while he brought the spoon close to his mouth and tasted it. She sighed. "How does it taste?"

"Horrible," Yoongi answered bluntly. He stared at her who pulled the strands of hair in frustration. 

"Scratch that. Let's bake something." Yoongi suggested, keeping his hands in his pockets.

"Bake?"

"Yeah bake. Let's make some cookies. Alright?"

She nodded and he rolled his sleeves, exposing his pale forearms. Dayem, now that was hot.

"Now that's how you knead the dough, have you got it?" He said, showing the same. Chaerin nodded, staring at him in between.

She noticed how the creased lines on his forehead appeared when he kneaded the dough. His veiny arms were exposed, while his long fingers were busy.

Her thoughts were fully occupied of him. In a couple of seconds, she was in her world. Every single time, she closed her eyes, the image of his endearing smile would appear, making her turn left and right while she was sleeping.

They had so many embarrassing moments before, like the time she had climbed into his bedroom, just to ask his notes. Or when she was caught kissing a poster of Cha Eun-woo. Damn, that was embarrassing. 

He had seen all the sides of her. The infuriated, the bashful one, the flustered one.

But he never teased her for it. And that was something she liked about him.

"Done," Yoongi said as he took out the tray of cookies fresh out of the oven. The smell of mouth-watering hot, crunchy chocolate chip cookies lingered in the air.

Her thoughts were completely interrupted by the smell.

Chaerin took a bite of the cookie, that had gooey chocolate chips that immediately melted in her mouth. The tips of her fingers were covered in melted chocolate, leaving her lips having traces of it too.

"Sweet." She complimented, beaming.

Yoongi grabbed a piece of cloth, standing close to her. He wiped the traces of chocolate near her pink kissable lips, "Not as sweet as you though."