52

Angelina wore an elegant, yet lowkey gown. After all, it wasn't very good for a lady that hasn't debuted to wear to extravagant gowns.

Evelina was passing by the lobby and she shot Angelina a glare, before asking, "where are you going..?"

"Well, I'm going with Alice to lady Arianna's gathering held this evening."

".....lady Arianna.... Chandler..?"

"Of course" Angelina smiled innocently.

Remembering her being humiliated by Arianna, Evelina made a bitter expression.

"Is something wrong, sister?"

"N...no..."

"Well, I'll be going now." Angelina waved at Evelina and left, while smiling.

"...tsk...." Evelina clenched her fist and left.

**************
When Angelina arrived with Marie outside the Chandler's mansion, she met Alice.

"Lina! There you are!"

"Did I make you wait?"

"Nope! I've only arrived a few minutes ago."

"Well let's go inside now" Angelina smiled brightly as she took Alice's hand and walked inside together, while both their personal maid's fall behind.

Alice's personal maid's is named Jen. Since it was not the first time Marie and Jen met, they were already comfortable with each other.

Jen was patient and quiet, while Marie is prideful and lively. So they were able to get along.

A maid of the Chandler mansion led them to an area in the garden where the tea party was held.

There were already four other people there.

There was, of course lady Arianna and three other young ladies. There was only one other noble lady who hasn't arrived yet.

"Good Evening, lady Arianna. It's an honour for me to be invited by you." Alice gave a curtsy to lady Arianna.

"It's nice to see you again, lady Alice." Then lady Arianna shifted her gaze over to the silver haired lady beside Alice and said,

"And this is?"

"Good Evening, lady Arianna. I'm Angelina Skyler, the youngest daughter of duke Skyler. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh your her sister...huh" Lady Arianna examined Angelina from head to toe.

"Are you thinking of my elder sister, lady Arianna?"

"Hm indeed...she spoke about you the last time we met."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah... you need to be careful of her..." Lady Arianna said as she turned around and took a seat.

Angelina was a little dumbfounded.

'how did Evelina get on lady Arianna's bad side...?'

Angelina and Alice went around and greeted the other ladies.

Once everyone took a seat, they began chatting.

"Lady Angelina, I heard your about to debut"

"Oh yeah, I heard that too"

"Yes. In a few days, I will debut"

"Have you....heard about those rumors?"

"What rumors?" Angelina knew, but it's better to act clueless.