Chapter 16

Don't forget to VOTE!!

Axarii's POV

"How do I look?" I asked before doing a little spin, showing off the tight black dress Winston forced me to wear. I'm currently getting ready for my dinner date... friendly dinner with Grayson and Winston is picking out what I should wear.

He walked around me dramatically checking me out while making 'mhm' noises. "Damn. I am just too good." Rolling my eyes as he laughed before fixing up my hair.

"Is all of this really necessary though? What if I'm overdressed? He never said it was a date... that'll just make me look weird and desperate." I began but stopped when he grabbed onto my shoulders.

"Girl shut the fuck up. It's a date." He bluntly stated. The sound of the doorbell was heard as I began putting on a pair of black heels. Hopefully, I don't fall to my death and embarrass myself.

"I'll go get it." Winston said before he left the room to go downstairs. I looked over myself a few times, starting to get nervous again before I walked out of the room. It's not a date Axarii..

As I walked down the stairs I saw Grayson talking with Winston near the door. He wore a grayish long sleeve shirt with a pair of black dress pants. Once I made it onto the last step his eyes were then on me.

I began admiring the cozy couch in the corner of the room while I was under his gaze as he took in my appearance, walking towards me.

He then spoke after placing his hands on my hips, "You look beautiful Arii." He spoke out causing my cheeks to heat up like a little teenager.

"Thank you Gray-"

"Get your hands off my mommy!" Turning around to see Reyna running towards us while Cole just stared at Grayson from the corner, not saying anything.

What the fuck is happening right now?

"Okay! Time for bed, go go." Winston shooed them. As they stomped back to their rooms I quickly apologized to Grayson for their behavior but he brushed me off.

"It's fine Axarii. Really. There kids after all and I've got a feeling I know why they're acting that way.." He explained. "What do you mean?" I asked. "That baby daddy of yours. He's probably told your children about me I'm sure of it."

"Oh trust me. They act like that whenever any guy is near me. Besides from Winston." I assured him.

"But enough of that. Let's get ready to leave for our date." He said before grabbing my hand walking towards the front door. So it is a date?

****

The two of us walked into the fancy looking restaurant side by side. "I'm sorry if it's a little too much, I'm not very good at these things." He muttered out sheepishly.

"No it's fine." I replied back as we took our seats. Luckily, we had a guy who took our order instead of some girl.. I'm not in the mood for drama.

"What about you ma'am?" The guy asked after he finished talking with Grayson's order. "I'll just get the shrimp pasta."

"And can you bring us your best bottle of wine?" He added. "Yes, of course." The waiter then walked away, leaving the two of us alone to talk.

"Did I mention how beautiful you look?" He asked causing me to laugh. "Yes you have. You mentioned it when you came to pick me up and on the way here if I remember correctly." I said knowingly, the two of us laughing.