You Were Right

You were right.

"Sounds like the mice did more than you, Keith!"

"I punched Sendak!"

"Yeah, after I woke up from a coma and shot him in the arm!"

"We had a BONDING MOMENT, I CRADLED YOU IN MY ARMS!"

"Nope, don't remember, didn't happen."

You were right.

Lance walked out the room, still processing the fact the castle is a ship and Pidge's a girl. He felt a tap on the shoulder and turned around. Keith stood there, glancing at the floor, holding his arm and biting his lip. "Hey man, what's up?" Keith looked up at Lance. "D-Do you really not remember? Lance face flushed as he thought about what happened a few hours ago. "...N-No, are you really so hung up on that?" Keith scoffed,"No, it just seems like you're lying." Lance face heated up in embarrassment. "Pff, you're wrong."

You were right.

There were too many for them both. The red and blue paladin stood back and back, holding their bayards. Galra soldiers were shooting at them, back and forth, right and left, front and back. Everywhere, guns shot lasers, swords clashed, fists punched. Lance was trying to handle them. Keith was losing too much stamina too quickly. His punches were weak as he fought a galra. He had already lost his sword among the soldiers. He  fought him alone, and the galra was close to finishing him off. Lance caught him and shot him. "Keith get behind that pillar!" Lance shot off the soldiers that remained and went to Keith. "Keith everything will be-oh God." Keith's side had a huge gash and blood dripped from his mouth. "Keith, j-just put pressure on it." Lance held Keith as he tried to wrap Keith's gash. Keith stopped him. "T-This is our second time, not like you remember the first." Lance chuckled as tears streamed down his face.

You were right.

Lance paced back and forth in front of the healing pod. "How is he?" Shiro sighed,"Not so good,"Lance's eyes widened," I don't know if he's gonna make it."

You were right.

Lance sat in front of Keith in the healing pod. One day he ran into the room and banged on the glass. He screamed,"YOU WERE RIGHT!...."

"....I did remember."