Chapter 28 (END)

"hyung am i hallucinating right now?" Jisung nudges his shoulder towards renjun, who sat next to him with wide eyes.

"its me," Jaemin spoke. The dreamies paused at what they were doing the moment Jaemin entered the dorms leaving everyone speechless. Not long after, Mark opened the door and shrieked as he bounced back, surprised by just looking at the back view of him.

"Jaemin? Is that you?" he said as he furrowed his eyebrows walking up to him. Jaemin stood there with a smile as he opened his arms.

"yeap its me," he said. The others looked at each other astounded as they all rushed to him, giving their long lost friend a hug. He was home, and it felt nice.

-

Jaemin stood silent with Mark standing by his side in SooMan's office. Everyone in the company was shocked to his sudden return, especially the boss himself. SooMan was soeechless, he didn't know what to say.

"why did you leave? no what made you return?" SooMan began to speak with the presence of his assistant who sat down silent, waiting for the young man to respond. Mark blinked before looking up at his friend who had a straight face as he cleared his throat.

"i was childish," he simply said only to receive a scoff coming from the assistant. Jaemin never liked her, her character annoys him a lot.

"where did you go? who helped y-"

"shut it," SooMan cuts her off, giving his assistant a glare before turning his attention back to Jaemin as he sighed.

"im glad you're back, safe and sound Jaemin. i hope you could reflect on what you've done," he said.

"but anyways we're pleased to have you back with the team, with NCT," he added. Jaemin looked at him surprised, he didn't expect him to be this chill about it after all the trouble he's caused. He responded with a thank you as he bowed before leaving the room alongside Mark.

"why did you do that? we should've done something so he could learn his lesson," the assistant spats. She turned to her boss who was seated on his desk with a smile.

"let the boy be," he said.

"but sir," she stood up, receiving no response from as she huffed before leaving the room. She turned to see both Jaemin and Mark standing by the end of the hallway, making her roll her eyes as she marches away from them, heading towards the elevator.

Jaemin watched that annoying assistant as she enters the elevator before walking away. Mark walked beside him, still shocked at his return. He kept looking at his friend, making sure he was him.

"i know you have many questions to ask me right now hyung," jaemin spoke as the two stopped walking.

"uhm yeah, everything from your hair to your whereabouts- where the heck were you?!" he started to babble as it made him smirk before walking away. Mark scoffed at his friend's behavior as he tagged along behind him.

"chuncheon," he said. Mark was left speechless at his response as his mouth agaped.

"all this time?! what the heck I've been searching for you," he said as he smacked him in the arm.

"i know," he said as he made a turn.

"what do you mean you know?! boy explain," Mark was annoyed at this point as he picked up his pace as he saw him enter the practice room.  Jaemin opened the door to see all his friends as they welcomed him home. He was surprised by the sudden confetti shot aimed towards him, the room was filled with cheers from all the members.

"welcome back Jaemin!" everyone yelled out in unison. They all ran up to him, giving him a whole group hug. Not gonna lie, being back wasn't actually that bad. It made him realize that its time for him to grow up and catch up with everything. He needed to hustle to achieve his dreams and he believes he could do it, along with the support he has, NCT, his parents, his fans and the Shin family. He misses them already.  He misses her. Its a new chapter, its time to get back on track.