Chapter 10

Adrian POV

I was happy that grandpa was back home. Today we are celebrating his welcome home party. My mom and sister just need a reason to celebrate and meet people.

I was sitting with Connor and talking. We were discussing something about business. I was filling him up on the details of what happened when he went on vacation. Just then I saw Ava there. I looked again and there was no one there. I just can't stop thinking about her and now I am even imagining her. Great! What is wrong with me?

"Adrian?" I came out of my thoughts when Connor called my name.

"Where were you?", he asked. "Sorry, got a bit distracted".

"What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing"

"You are thinking about Ava isn't it?", he smirked.

"No, I was just thinking something about work"

He was about to say something, just then Lydia came to us.

"Hey guys", she said.

"Hey", we both replied.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked.

"Nothing, just discussing something about business", Connor replied.

"You do that at the office also. It's a party, have some fun. You guys are so boring.", she told us.

"Let's go, I want you to meet someone", Lydia said looking at me.

"I don't want to meet anyone Lydia", I replied. I wasn't interested in anyone since I saw Ava. The only woman I want to meet right now is Ava. I thought of asking her out but I didn't see her later at the hospital that day.

"Please brother, meet her once", she said, showing her puppy eyes. God, I can't say no to that. I tell her Ok, even though I am not interested.

"Yay, come fast, you are so going to thank me for this later"

"I don't think so"

As we went near her, Lydia called her and she turned around and I saw that it was Ava. So, she was here and I wasn't imagining. I turned to Lydia and she winked at me.

"Ava, meet Connor, my husband"

"Hi Ava"

"Hi Connor"

"Also, you already know my brother, Adrian"

"Hi Ava", I said smiling

"Hi Adrian", she smiled

"I didn't know you were coming today", I said.

"Your grandfather invited me, at least that's what Lydia told me″, she replied. Wow, Lydia, she is just something else.

"Grandpa told me that she took good care of him at the hospital and he wanted her to come to the party", Lydia said shrugging her shoulders.

"Connor, I forgot, I have something to tell you. Can you come with me", Lydia said and left with Connor. I was there alone with Ava.

"You look beautiful", I said looking at her

"Thank you", she blushed.

"Did you meet grandpa?", I asked her

"Yes, Lydia took me to meet him. I still don't understand why have I been invited. It's not like I saved him or anything, it was Dr. Campbell who saved his life. I was just checking up on your grandfather which was my duty, I don't know why I was invited", she kept on talking. I could listen to her talk all day.

"I am blabbering, aren't I? Sorry", she said smiling. God, I would die for that smile.

"There's nothing to be sorry about, I like listening to you talk", I replied, smiling at her and she smiled back at me.

"Nice party", she said

"My mom and Lydia are experts in that. So, if you want to host a party anytime, you can take their help"

"Will surely remember that"

"All family?", she asked, there was a longing in her eyes.

"Family and few close friends"

Just then my mom came and called for dinner. My mom kept looking at me and Ava all through dinner and whispering with my dad. Later my dad also kept looking. I was sure that Lydia told mom about Ava.

"I had a great time, thank you for inviting me, I will leave now", Ava told Lydia.

"Thanks for coming, and how did you come by the way", Lydia asked her.

"I took a cab", Ava replied.

"It's too late now. My brother will drop you"

"Would you please drop her brother", she asked me.

"Sure, let me get my keys", I said and went to get my keys. I was happy to spend some more time with her.

"Ready to go", I asked her.

"Yes, " she nodded. We got in the car. She told me her address and I started driving.

"So, you have to go to work tomorrow?", I asked. Of course, she would, it's a weekday tomorrow. Adrian you fool, what kind of question is that.

"Yes, morning shift"

"Morning shift?"

"Yes, I am a resident doctor so shifts. Last year of residency"

"Oh ok, so that day at night, you were on the night shift". She nodded her head.

"You were there the next day afternoon also"

"Yeah, that day I had a double shift so", she said shrugging her shoulders

"Wow, it's a tough job"

"I am sure you also work hard. You have to take care of such a big company"

"Yes, but saving people is different"

"Any music preference?", I asked.

"Anything is fine", she replied.

It was silent except for the music but it wasn't awkward. Soon we reached her place. I stopped the car and got down. I went to open her door.

"Thanks", she replied.

We both were standing there. I was debating about asking her to go on a date with me. I finally decided to ask her.

"Would you like to go out with me for dinner?" I asked her. She just looked at me shocked. I waited for a few minutes and still, there was no reply.

"Forget I ever asked about it. Bye Ava", I sighed. I turned to leave

"No, I mean yes, yes I would like to go out with you", She said smiling. I was so relieved to hear that.

"For a moment I thought you weren't interested when you didn't say anything".

"I was a bit surprised that you asked me on a date. Sorry about that. It is a date isn't it"

"Of course, it is a date. You don't have to be surprised. I want to spend more time with you"

"So, this Saturday is it fine for you", I asked her.

"Yes", she replied. She was blushing so hard. I wanted to kiss her badly but I controlled myself. We exchanged our numbers.

"Goodnight Ava"

"Goodnight Adrian"