Chapter 73 - Emma

"Uh..." I looked at David's hand on my arm pointedly. Still, he didn't let go, like he hadn't gotten the message.

"I just hope we can be friends," David continued after apologizing a second time. "I mean, it seems like we'll be in each other's life, given how close Thomas and Kevin have gotten."

"Yeah, I—" My eyes widened at how fast Callan was moving across the café and stopped just behind him. It didn't seem like David could sense the threat in the air or the apex predator standing over his shoulder.

"Let go of my girl," Callan barked, making him jump. David removed his hand quickly like he'd burned himself.

Looking over his shoulder, he visibly paled at the man behind him—not that I could blame him. Callan was a force to be reckoned with, and not just of the physical kind. He was a man who could scare anyone with his power and authority, and right now, David was his main objective.

"I-I'm sorry, man. I wasn't trying anything," David stuttered, and it looked like he was shaking just from the attention of my dominant. He backed away from me, all the while having Callan's eyes trained on him.

"He really wasn't," I assured Callan. Finally, he shifted his gaze to me, and I froze. The look in his eyes was full of suppressed emotion and a great deal of dominance.

Whatever passed between us at that moment, when our eyes met, made my pussy clench and my heart race. I could see all his dark wishes and desires, and I realized I was in the center of them all. That should've made me nervous. Instead, I found myself stepping forward, closing the distance between us. David was forgotten—everything was forgotten, but him.

When I got within touching distance, Callan's hand shot out, and suddenly I was in his arms with his mouth pressed to mine.

I whimpered, feeling his harsh lips and his devilish tongue invade mine. It was a brutal kiss, filled with biting pleasure. He made me submit to him as he controlled my body with no words but the feel of his mouth on mine.

Callan fisted my hair and jerked my head back so I was looking right up at him. He still held my body close to his, with my head just inches away from the mouth I'd just kissed.

Not letting go of my hair, he leaned into my ear. I shivered from having him so close and hearing his hard breathing. "I can't wait to have you tonight," he whispered, promising me pleasure of the darkest kind.

As if nothing had happened, he let me go. Still, he didn't fool me. Those eyes of his betrayed just how much this had affected him—the hunger in them was proof enough.

For a moment, I stood there collecting what was left of my brain from the floor. Callan had really done a number on me.

Callan looked at David—which was still standing a couple of feet away—with narrow eyes, trying to figure out what to do with him. David gulped at the anger directed at him and scrambled back to the safety of his friend. Callan stared at the man for a few seconds, but in the end, he decided to let him go. I was relieved; I didn't need a fight to break out in the café. Not that it would've been much of a fight.

"Go get your stuff, Sweetheart." Callan winked as he shifted his focus back to me, probably knowing how overwhelmed I still was after our make-out session. Seriously, he had no business being that good. One—albeit hot and long-lasting—kiss was enough for me to have to change my panties unless I wanted to walk around with a puddle in them.

I looked around the café, making sure there was nothing more to do before we closed up—there wasn't. What I did see was Kevin staring at me, looking shocked. Then, his gaze locked onto Callan, and I could tell he was impressed. I was sure he wanted even more details soon.

"Go ahead, girly. I'll lock up," Kevin said when he managed to drag his eyes back at me.

"Are you sure?" I asked. I didn't want to leave if there was something else that needed to be done. My mind was drawing a blank at what that could be—Callan had done plenty to distract me. I could still feel my lips tingle.

"Of course, see you on Monday, if not before." He smiled. Because I would work at the nightclub this weekend, I wouldn't have a shift here on Friday.

Smiling back, I went to collect my bag. Callan was shaking hands with Kevin when I got back, and the sight made me unexplainably happy.

On our way out, I said my goodbyes to the guys, wishing them a good weekend.

It had started to rain outside, but as Callan hurried back to the car, I slowed down. The cold drizzle felt like bliss on my overheated skin.

I'd always liked the rain. I adored everything about it; how it changed the smell in the air, the sound as it hit the pavement, and the feeling it always brought with it. When it rained, I felt calm, as if it was my own meditation music.

"Get in the car. You'll get wet," Callan urged me, but still, I didn't walk any faster. We'd had too many days with sun and the heat, I wanted to appreciate this for as long as I could.

Laughing, I couldn't help but joke with him—even though it was more of a fact than a joke. "I already am, thanks to you."

If I hadn't already known how safe I was with him, I'd probably step back as his expression darkened.

He was standing outside too, waiting for me. The hunger I'd seen in his eyes was held on a tight leash, but I knew it was only a matter of time before the leash would snap.

His brown hair turned almost black as it got wet. He wasn't complaining as I took my time. In fact, he looked at me with amusement and desire as I enjoyed the splatter of water pouring over me.

Callan looked more handsome—if that was even possible—with water running down his clothed body. The white shirt he wore clung to his skin, displaying a body that could've been molded by Michelangelo himself—minus the tiny dick. Callan definitively didn't have a micro penis; the ache I'd felt in my pussy throughout my shift could attest to that.

The sound of thunder broke the moment, and when he opened the door for me, I finally got in the car.

"You're really something special," he said, his voice smooth with a hint of a husky undertone.

I didn't know what to say to that, so I stayed quiet as I forced myself to breathe through the constricting feeling in my chest.

He didn't start the car right away. Instead, he turned to look at me. There was a crease between his brows as he studied me like I was a puzzle he couldn't quite put together.

Wet drops trailed from my collarbones and down between my breasts, stealing his attention from my face. His's gaze tracked their way down, so intent on the small droplets it made me squirm in my seat.

With a shake of his head, he started the car and drove off, breaking our intense moment.

"Will you tell me our plans now?" I asked, so freaking curious as to what we were going to do.

"Patience, Bella." He smirked as his hand found his way to my thigh, squeezing it. "All good things come to those who wait."