1

Chapter One
Alfea College For Fairies

Alfea was crowded with fairies and specialists roaming the charming property, most of them were either second or first-years trying to find their way around. That included Luella.

Specialists are fighters, their job is in combat. To fight. To protect. To take orders. Learning skills from a young age to when they die, standing proud with their sword by their side. Most of them are like that.

Fairies expressed. Their power is recognisable by their personalities, some more complicated than others. For example, fire fairies. Ambitious, confident, hotheaded.

Wings were lost ago, it was known as transfiguration magic. Fairies didn't go around normally with motley wings, they earned them. All written in history books: Enchantix, Mythix... There were stages. The more you discover, the more powerful.

The place was large for what it was considered to be a boarding school and how it managed to still look like it was built yesterday. The main building had a slightly domed shape that stood in the centre of it all. Alfea was located around meadows and thick trees that went on for miles.

Lights rang around the pathway as Luella dragged her small bag over one shoulder while the other side lay loose, she had almost brought her entire room with her knowing magic always had a way which her dad surprisingly hadn't stopped her from doing.

She walked across the blankets and pathways of stones as her sandy-coloured hair breezed against the wind. Lue tried not to fiddle with her ironed clothes that had been laying in the back of her wardrobe, forgotten once she lost herself. It felt unusual. She usually consisted of her favourite bottoms and any shirt she could find; but like everybody else, she tried to make an impression.

"Hey Lue," a voice said coming up from behind her. Luella didn't turn around to see who it was, she already knew. She'd known them for almost her whole life. It was Sky. They knew each other for a long time - their fathers were close until... until Andreas, Sky's father, passed away.

"Hi Sky," Luella replied, her words floating out. Sky had changed a lot growing up, Luella could notice it in a blink of an eye, being an observant person, and it was after his father's death. He still grieved now and then, it helped to know that his father died fighting in battle. Ever since, he'd seen Silva as a father figure, which felt odd to her since she didn't see Sky as a sibling at all; it was more of an 'annoying best friend' figure.

"You do know you're away around, don't you?" He spoke in his accent that Luella couldn't seem to get enough of though Sky kept telling her theirs were almost the same.

she looked at him with her hazel eyes, "Course I do, dad insisted I look at the map of Alfea and get to know it. Plus, the number of events I've come here to see is becoming insane."

Sky looked ahead, his gaze switching from person to person then looked down to the folded map fiddling in Lue's hands. He made out small drawings, instead of notes of Alfea and the places it held. "I don't remember doodles being a part of the school," he said.

Lue looked down at the map in her hands and then slid it into her pocket. "Funny," she stated sarcastically as they stopped at the entrance to the fairy hall. "I'll see you later?" Luella said smiling at him.

Sky nodded in return.

"Kick some ass too!"

She watched him walk away until he stopped to talk to the first year, her hair was tamed by reddish curls that cascaded down her back, and she wore a deeper red dress bombarded with flowers and a cardigan over; She looked a bit lost.