𝓸𝓷𝓮

┊✧*。 ✯┊💫⋆✧*。 ┊
COZEN | 𝒐𝒏𝒆
-ˋˏ ༻🌙༺ ˎˊ-
❝ 𝔡𝔬 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔞𝔟𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 ❞

┊✧*。 ✯┊💫⋆✧*。 ┊COZEN | 𝒐𝒏𝒆-ˋˏ ༻🌙༺ ˎˊ-❝ 𝔡𝔬 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔞𝔟𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 ❞

First day of school

First day of school.

The freshmen dread, anxieties about not being good enough, being scrutinised by other students, apprehension about forming new friendships and I would like to add more, although the list would be never-ending.

When Maya first rose up in the morning, the first thing she spotted was a spider, literally a spider on her pillow wiggling its tiny paws as if it was dancing, and although it would have looked hilarious, Maya tumbled from her bed in fright.

Her mother promptly opened the door as soon as she heard her daughter's loud shrieks, and witnessed Maya jabbing her finger at the little beast that was still waltzing on her pillow. Lorelai shook her head in annoyance, instantly intuiting that the spider was just the result of another prank by Lark, whose laughs began to rumble throughout the house while Lorelai instantly made the horrid creature vanish.

"Really? A spider! Mum, that was a low blow!"

"I know honey, in fact your brother is definitely going to get his reprimand. Now come on downstairs, cause your dad's cooked some pancakes for breakfast." Maya knitted her brows, wondering since when her dad could cook, and Lorelai, somehow knowing about the question on her daughter's mind, promptly added on, "I've been wondering the same thing indeed. Listen to me, if they taste like crap, simply smile and say they're yummy."

"But you always told me never to lie and now you are asking me to act-"

"Yes but the truth can be hurtful and it is better to lie sometimes in order to make people feel good." She explained, then began to clap her hands in hastiness, "hurry up now, or you'll be late for school."

After getting ready, Maya joined her family in the kitchen, and when Lorelai, Lark and Maya sampled Mark's pancakes, to disguise how awful they were and to make him feel proud of his non-existent cooking skills, all three of them grinned and raised their thumbs, making his inner self content.