Chapter 21: 2 become 1

Oscar

Neatening my hair and suit, I buckled up my trousers and smirked at the sight of my flustered wife. All throughout our quick session in the bathroom, she put emphasis not to ruin her hair or makeup. I managed, but it was so hard to restrain myself from pulling her hair and taking her rough against the sink. 

The lingerie she had brought for our wedding night lay in tatters on the floor. But I didn't care. If she wanted, I'd buy out an Ann Summers shop just for her. 

"Good lord, again? Get the fuck out and get married you idiots" Cal shouted as he banged on the bathroom door.

Kissing Eleanor on the lips, I quickly made myself look a little more decent and swiftly left her in the bathroom.

I shrugged at Cal as he glared at me whilst tapping his foot impatiently against the marble floor.

Looking back once more, I saw Cal open the bathroom door and scold Eleanor before dragging her out. 

"A man who's whole life is based on being early and on time, is late for his back garden wedding". 

I walked to the back door to see my mum leaning against the frame with amusement on her face.

Choosing to ignore her comment, I embraced her in a tight hug and stroked my hand down the back of her head. 

The height difference was amusing between us. She reached the top of my chest, but that's one of the many things I loved about my mum.

Slowly unwrapping my arms from around her, I looked down at her and smiled as a few tears fell down her face.

"I am so proud of you love. I was so worried that you'd be broken after Erika. I was petrified at the thought of you being alone because of her. But you my boy have found the most amazing woman and I am so proud of the man you've become".

Unable and unwilling to stop, I let the tears fall at the sight of her crying. Her words may be simple to her, but they meant everything to me. 

"Thank you mum".

She reached her small hand up and wiped away my tears just like she always did after dad hit me. She was my strength in the darkest times, and now I found another woman who gave me strength. I had a family of strong ass women. 

"Now, are you ready to get married?" she whispered in my ear before grabbing my hand.

Turning my head to the beautifully decorated garden, I looked back at my mum with tears in my eyes.

"I've been ready for a long time".

*******************

Standing at the altar, I looked back at the small number of guests giving me smiles and anxiously waiting for the entrance of my bride.

Even though Eleanor and I wanted a low-key wedding, one sight of the garden completely changed my opinion. You can tell it had a woman's touch, ie Sofia.

Flowers were everywhere. The chairs, the canopies, the aisle. Literally a fairy tale. Never did I think I'd get such a happy ending. Never did I think I'd have complete happiness. 

Guards stood around the guests and entrances ensuring everyone's safety. Even though our home was in the middle of nowhere, I wasn't going to take any risks. 

Looking back at the guests, my eyes fell on James who was pouting at his wife Isabella for a kiss but was being denied as she was much more interested in a cupcake that the guests were given upon arrival, Sofia's idea of course.

Watching in amusement, he turned away with a pout still on his face but instantly looked tough and manly when he saw me smirking at him.

"If you'd like to stand for the bridal party" the priest called out in the peaceful garden.