Chapter 11 ~ Wednesday

Wednesday

Wednesday.

It's a fucking annoying day of the week.

It's telling you, hey you've already done half of the week but fuck it you've still got another half left.

If it wasn't for football and college I wouldn't be here to celebrate Wednesday's secret meaning.

If it wasn't for football and college I doubt I'd be here at all- Alive.

The awful night of sleep and just general bad mood does me no favours when I walk into the hallway this morning and find Brady acting like his usual idiot self.

"So when I slid down the stairs I went straight into the wall." He howls with laughter, Ethan and Rutherford add to the laughter but Carrie looks like she wants to die of embarrassment and Vixxie and Atlas just look confused.

"What's that?" I ask integrating myself into the group.

"Just something that happened at the party on Friday, you missed out on a good one but I heard you had your hands full if you know what I mean?" Dipping his voice he winks and nudges me in the arm, "Cherri's been bragging about it all week, how she got to fuck the infamous Blaze Beckett."

I roll my eyes. It's like they've won the goddam lottery.

"Was she good?" Ethan murmurs.

"She was alright." A bit sloppy but she got the job done.

"You should've been there Atlas, it was so funny." Vixxie laughs as I listen back into a separate conversation the girls are having. Vixxie starts telling us a story about how she ended up in someone's lake.

"Yeah next time we go out, you're coming and looking after her drunk ass." Carrie giggles feigning slight embarrassment. Atlas laughs absentmindedly.

Such a mystery.

When I was leaving the athletics block on Friday I was getting ready to bust some robbers ass when I saw the dance studio was on and heard movement in there but when I got to the door it was Atlas over at the barre, moving into positions.

She wasn't just messing around, she had the perfection of a professional. The etiquette of someone who lives, breathes and eats dance.

Then she started doing those leap-y things and some jumps she soared through the air, elegance in every step. It was mesmerising to watch.

And then all her confidence just diminished. She fell to the floor with a thud and became kind of hostile.

She's obviously a dancer, so why doesn't she just admit she is? Why does she feel the need to lie, hide it?