01

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

The first day of school was always nerve wrecking. It never mattered whether you're going back for your first, second or fifth year, it's always the same feeling. The feeling of butterflies fluttering around your stomach, the constant overthinking, be it about your friends or if you've forgotten something, it's always the same. 

Which was why Poppy wanted to leave early. It also had to do with the fact that she was meeting her best friend Oliver at the school. Oliver was a fire fairy and quite powerful. 

On their first day last year Oliver didn't have much control and sent a beam of fire at her by accident, which she quickly blocked with a wall of dirt that had risen from the ground to protect the young Earth fairy. Since then, they had just clicked, never anything romantic since they both liked boys. 

"Terra get up or i'm leaving you here and you can walk with Sam." Poppy couldn't express her discontent with her younger sister in that moment. Terra was so excited about going to Alfea for her first year but when it came to actually waking up she was an absolute terror, Poppy had to duck multiple times from pillows being thrown at her. But that threat in mind, Terra got out of bed and walked to the bathroom, lightly shutting the door. Even if she was mad that her older sister had insisted in waking her up, she refused to take it out on the gorgeous wooden door.

Whilst Terra finished getting ready, Poppy quickly checked that Sam was awake before grabbing her final pieces of luggage. Their father wouldn't be traveling with the three siblings since he was a professor and had to arrive early. Poppy walked through the wall, a gift she shared with Sam, and gave him a smile as she saw he was finishing packing. "At least I can rely on one sibling." Poppy muttered as she grabbed one of her brothers bags and walked back through the wall with her brother following. 

───※ ·❆· ※───

"Oli, It's not fair!" Poppy whined as she rested her head on her best friends shoulder. She had just gotten back from looking at dorm arrangements when she noticed she had been roomed with her sister, three first years and Stella. 

It wasn't that this was bad but just annoying. Poppy loved her sister, she really did, but space was needed. They lived together anyway and now extra time at school was just not processing properly for Poppy's head. The three first years she could get along with but she did have friends in her own year who she would've preferred to be with. 

Then there was Stella. 

Stella and Poppy were friends. Not close friends but still friends. Poppy had often tried to get to know the blonde as they were in a lot of the same classes but it seemed like she was the only one making an effort so she took the hint. Stella didn't want to be her close friend so she wouldn't try. And anyway Stella didn't like Oliver at all, since he always commented on her actions, mostly mocking her. And wherever there was Poppy there was Oliver.