Silverfinger

"So then she starts talking about phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right? And so that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow in-" Stiles paused standing in front of the board. "It's gone" he said in shock. "Okay, it doesn't matter though. It doesn't matter. I've still got the key"

He ran over to the storage door and started fumbling to find the key.

"What the hell? I had it I had it here.
I had it here this morning, I swear to God, I had it this morning"

"The key you were talking about last night?" I asked.

"Yeah, I showed it to you, right? Didn't I show it to you?"

"No, you just told me about it. I never actually saw it" Scott said.

"Me neither" I added.

"I was here a couple of hours ago. And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name was right there on the board in my handwriting and I had the key to the chemistry closet" Stiles said.

"So you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you wrote him a message to kill Kira?" I asked with a frown.

"I know how it sounds but look at this-" He pulled out a newspaper. "This is the news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him, okay. About the shrapnel bomb that he used. See this? See what he did? He put nuts, bolts and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped as a birthday present. What does that sound like to you?"

Scott opened his mouth and closed it again in shock. "Coach" he said. "The joke we played on Coach"

"That was my idea. You remember? That was my idea. That's no coincidence. It can't be" Stiles rushed out.

"I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you that you're wrong. But I don't think you're trying to kill people either" Scott said.

Stiles looked over at the board. "It was here. It was all here"

"Dude, are you feeling okay? You're looking really tired" Scott pointed out.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just haven't been sleeping really"

"Why don't you go home?" I said.

Scott nodded. "Take a sick day or something"

Stiles looked at the board again.

So did I.

Something isn't right.

~

"Could you lock the door?" Scott asked Kira.

"Yeah" she replied, letting me go past and then shutting it.

"We're running out of time" I reminded.

"I know. But Allison, her dad and Isaac are working on something that could help" Scott replied.

"I don't want to sound pessimistic or anything, but you really think that's going to keep them out?" Kira asked.

"Actually, we have a kind of security system. Things happened a couple of weeks ago, a lot of things, and we had my boss help make a few changes to the house" Scott said, checking all the locks.

"Your boss? Do you work for a security company or something?"

"No, he's a veterinarian" Scott dead panned.

Kira looked at me in confusion. "You had a vet put in your alarm?"

"Yeah, sort of. But I can't arm it.
Only my mom can"