𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

SAFE-HOUSE

Steve walked over to Darla, he felt a bit better now but he could tell the girl was still in a state of shock. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his chest. He hummed a soft tune into her ear, and waited for her to relax into his arms.

"Thank you." Darla whispered croakily. It was the first time she had spoken in many hours.

"What for?" Steve questioned curiously, not quite understanding what the girl was thanking him for.

"For believing that I was capable of love." She whispered back.

"Here we are." Clint announced as they arrived at the safe house.

Steve had his arms wrapped around Darla as they left the jet and walked towards the house. She clung onto the man for dear life.

"What is this place?" Thor questioned as they walked up the steps to the house. Everyone seemed to be as equally confused.

"Safe house." Tony shrugged taking a random guess.

"Let's hope." Clint chuckled as he opened the door and allowed everyone to walk in. "Honey? I'm home." Out walked a beautiful brunette, who was heavily pregnant. "Hi. Company, sorry I didn't call ahead." Laura smiled as she walked over to Clint.

"Hey." She placed a soft kiss on his lips and hugged him tightly.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony shrugged looking up to Thor.

"Gentlemen, Darla, this is Laura." Clint placed his hand on the small of Laura's back.

"I know all of your names." Chuckled Laura nervously.

"No shit, he really does have a girlfriend." Darla whispered to Steve, who let out a small chuckle, his thumb rubbing up and down on her waist.

"Oooh, incoming." Clint knelt down and allowed two children to run into his arms. "Hi Sweetheart, hey buddy." He picked the younger girl up and pulled the boy into his arms. "How you guys doing?"

"These are smaller agents." Tony furrowed his brows.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" Lila questioned softly.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha smiled, she loved the two kids with her whole heart. Natasha picked up Lila and held her tightly.

"And kids?" Darla whispered.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve spoke up.

"Yeah, we could have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea you existed." Tony added sarcastically.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined." Clint announced, wrapping his arms around his wife and son. "Kept it off SHIELD's files. I'd like to keep it that way."

Darla softly smiled, thinking about her siblings and parents. She missed them dearly but she knew it was better for her to stay away. At least for now.

"I figured it's a good place to lay low." Clint continued.

"Is that Darla?" The young brunette questioned Clint as she pointed to Darla. Darla offered the girl a small wave. What she wasn't expecting was the girl to run up to her and wrap her arms around her waist.

Darla screwed her eyes shut and clung onto Steve's bicep, not wanting to hurt the little girl.

Lila pulled away and smiled up to the blonde. Darla looked around confused.

"Huh, that's actually really interesting." Tony muttered, Lila didn't feel any sort of shock from Darla. Tony couldn't help but wonder if it was because she held onto Steve or not.

"Lila is a big fan." Clint said as he placed his hands down on his shoulders.

The toaster pinged and Thor shook his head walking out of the house. Steve hesitantly looked between Thor and Darla.

"Go on." Darla nodded, stepping aside so that Steve could follow after Thor.

Darla looked out the window and furrowed her brows, noticing that Steve was walking away from the house.

"Excuse me." She smiled and quickly left the house. "Steve? Are you okay?" She questioned running after the man.

Steve span around on his heel and turned to face the girl. He plastered a smile on his face.

"I'm alright." He nodded.

"It's okay if you're not." Darla placed her hands over his. "You saw her didn't you?"

Steve nodded and looked down at the floor. Part of him still missed Peggy. But the other part of him knew that Darla was what he wanted now.

The blonde brought her hand up to cup Steve's cheek. Her thumb lightly tapped his lips, making him smile. Her touch was so soft and gentle.

She wrapped her arms around Steve and waited until his arms wrapped around her waist. She stood on her tip toes, but even with that, he was still much taller.

"Thank you." He whispered into the crook of her neck.

"What for?" She chuckled, going to pull away from the hug but his grip only tightened.

"For believing that I'm capable of love." He whispered. She let out a soft chuckle.

"Don't use my words against me, Steven." Darla uttered sternly. "I always knew you were capable of love."