Part 27

Sorry for the late update and please ignore any mistakes seen.

Lavanya and Nk arrived only to meet Surbhi and Manoj sitting on the huge couch in the hall with teasing smiles on their faces.

Nk rolled his eyes knowing they were teasing him because he went out with Lavanya who looked down embarrassed.

The parent might have thought it was a date but he just accompanied Lavanya to the cafe to meet with a private detective she hired a few weeks ago.

Flashback.

Lavanya was pacing back and forth in the hallway nervously.

Nk who had just come out of Khushi's room after helping Payal take care of her frown seeing the worry etched on her face.

"Lavanya!? " He called out and Lavanya jerked in fright. "Am sorry for scaring you....... But are you okay. " Nk asked in concern and Lavanya hesitate but told him the truth.

"Please seat....... " She said and Nk sat down with her. "Few weeks ago before my so-called wedding..... I overheard my parent arguing and ease dropped on their conversation and discovered a shocking secret...... You see my grand uncle who is very rich but never married or had children and he was dying of a deadly and incurable tumor so he put forth a condition in his will that the nephew who gives birth to a son first will inherit everything which only my father knew....... My father was overjoyed since among his two cousins and their wives my mother was the first one pregnant and he was hoping for a son but ended up with me....... He was furious when I was born and he and my mother hated me since and because of my birth my mother couldn't conceive again..... Two years later she and my father hatched a plan to make my mother pretend to be pregnant and hire a woman for my father to sleep with and get pregnant and when she gives birth to a son she will be paid and they knew it had to be fast because my uncle's wife was pregnant with her first child and they were afraid it will be a boy....... Everything went smoothly until that woman gave birth to a girl and my parent got angry and abandoned  her and the child...... My parent made everyone believe the child was still born and few weeks after that incident my uncle's wife had a son and a month after that my grand uncle died and all the property went to him....... I was shocked but happy that I had a little sister out there....... So I hired a private detective to find her and a few minutes ago he called me to meet up since he has good news for me........ But with Khushi's condition and the media outside I just can't leave like that..... It won't be right. " Lavanya revealed and shocking Nk who knew she might have had a difficult childhood because of her parent.

He thought for sometime and stood up and rushed upstairs and come back after a few minutes with his car keys.

"Come on let's go. " Nk said.

"But what about Khushi and Payal? " Lavanya asked.

"Don't worry....... I told her you needed to do something important and she understands and beside maa is here to help so come on and no more questions. " Nk replied and Lavanya smiled and followed him to the garage and into his car as they speed off put of the gates to flashes of cameras.

Lavanya then showed him the cafe and within a few minutes there were there and saw the man waiting for them.

They sat down with him and the man looked confused seeing Nk.

"Who is he? " The man and Lavanya looked confused on how to introduce Nk.

"He is...... He is...... He is my fr..... "