Chapter 3*

At the Funeral (Stiles POV)

Scott and I are watching the funeral from behind a tombstone, when a car arrives at the scene. A man steps out of it and walks over to Mr. Argent and Allison. He gives them a hug.

"Who the hell is that?" I ask Scott, he looks serious. "He's definitely an Argent." Scott says, making me look at him with worry. Great more Argents... "Hey, you know, maybe they're just here for the funeral? I mean, what if they're the non-hunting side of the family? There could be non-hunting Argents. It's possible, right?" I ask, trying to be hopeful. Scott looks at me and shakes his head. "I know what they are... They're reinforcements." He says, making me sigh.

Suddenly Scott and I get pulled from the ground, when I look back, I see that it is my dad. "Ah. The two of you. Unbelievable." He says, sighing. "Pick up my tie." He then says to me, pointing to the tie lying on the floor.

"Got it. Sorry. I know I'm supposed to ask—" I say, scrambling to get the tie from the floor and smiling sheepishly at my father. "Four-one-five Adam." The radio on my dad says. "I didn't copy that-- did you say four-one-five Adam?" My dad asks, I look over to see a confused Scott.

"Disturbance in a car." I whisper to him, making him nod. "They were taking a heart attack victim, DOA, but on the way to the hospital, something hit 'em." The radio says again. "What-- hit the ambulance?" my dad asks confused. "Copy that. I'm standing in front of it now. Something got in the back. There's blood everywhere. And I mean everywhere." The radio says.

This makes Scott and I look at each other. We race away from my father and jump into my jeep. On the way to the preserve, I look over at Scott next to me. "What the hell is Lydia doing?" I ask, making Scott sigh.

"I don't know." He says, trying to come up with reasons. "What kept you from doing that? Was it Allison?" I ask, looking over at him again. Scott was staring out in front of him. "I hope so..." he then says.

"Do you need to get closer?" I ask, which made Scott shake his head no. "No, I got it." He says, jumping out of the car. "Just-- I need you to find her. All right? Please, just-just find her. If she gets hurt, y/n gets hurt... I could see the hurt in her eyes last night when we didn't find her ok? Please find Lydia..." I say to Scott, making him nod at me. "I will find her." He tells me.

I wait near the ambulance until the cops arrive, my dad looks angry at me and I try to walk away. He grabs my arm and is about to give me a lecture, when we suddenly get stopped by a noise in the woods. We look over and see a naked Lydia walking over to us.

"Lydia?" I ask. I try to not look too much because she had nothing on. "Well... is anyone gonna get me a coat?" she asks, shivering. I look over to my dad and try to grab his coat, but instead stumble to the ground. "Yep. Here you go." My dad then says, walking over to her and covering her up. He places her into the sheriff car and looks back at me.

"Are you going to bring her home?" I ask, wanting to be there when y/n got the good news. "Once she has been checked out by a doctor, we will bring her to the Martin residence yes." My dad says. "Can I help?" I ask, which made my dad look at me in disbelief. "Stiles you can't, go home." He says. "Please?... I really like this girl's sister..." I then say, making my dad look at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Fine..." he says sighing, which makes me hug him and run to my jeep. "I'll meet you at the hospital" I yell at my dad, hearing him sigh once more before I drive off.

At the hospital, the doctors had looked Lydia over and given her some clothes. We are now back in my dad's car, on our way to the Martin residence. I sit in the backseat, next to Lydia, who was still a bit in shock. "You ok?" I ask her, which made her slowly nod at me.