Chapter 6*

(Third POV)

"It's been a while since we saw you, Erica. You were being so good about taking your medication." Melissa says, looking over at Erica who is sitting on the examining table. "Are you gonna tell my mom?" Erica asks, looking at the ground sadly.

"Well, I swear I don't want to, but there's this team of lawyers in the back who would break my legs, and I don't know if you've seen my legs, but for a girl my age? They're still pretty hot. So-- doctor's gonna be in in a minute, okay?" Melissa says. "Okay." Erica answers, watching Melissa leave the room.

Erica sees a guy enter the room, and she wants to move from the table, but he stops her. "Lie still. Side effects may include anxiety, waking, acne, ulcerative colitis..." Yeesh!" Derek says, reading her pill bottle.

"Who are you?" Erica asks, eyeing Derek suspiciously. "Let's just say we have a... mutual friend. You get a warning right before you have a seizure?" Derek asks, looking sympathetic. "It's called an aura. It's-it's like a metallic taste in my mouth." Erica answers.

"You don't have to lie, Erica. What does it really taste like?" Derek asks her. "...It tastes like blood." Erica says, disgusted with the thought. "What if I told you... that all of this could go away? The side effects, the symptoms... all of it. And what if all those things not only went away, but everything else got even better?" Derek asks, making Erica look at him with hope in her eyes. "How?" she asks. "Let me show you." Derek says, slowly smiling at her.

(Your POV)

I'm walking over to my locker, when I hear someone call my name behind me. I turn around and see Stiles jogging over to me. "Yes?" I ask when he finally reaches me. He holds up a finger and puts his other hand in his side, panting heavily. I smile and roll my eyes, before putting my books into my locker and closing it.

"So... how would you like to go ice skating with me after school today?" he asks, leaning awkwardly against the lockers next to us. I raise my eyebrow at him expectantly. "Like a date?" I ask, making his eyes become wide. "What? No..no" he rapidly says.

"See, Scott, Allison, Lydia and I are going together after school... I was wondering if you wanted to join us." He says, making my heart shatter a little. "I don't know..." I begin, scratching my neck "I don't want to be the filth wheel." I say, walking towards the lunchroom with stiles walking next to me.

"Wha? You won't! it's not a date... I mean Allison and Scott are looking at it like a date... but we just invited Lydia to keep an eye on her." He says, looking over at me expectantly. "Can I bring someone as well?" I ask, trying to test how he would feel about that. "I mean... If you want too..." he says, making me nod.

"Ok I'll come, I'll probably ask Dave then..." I say, thinking back at how he had asked me out yesterday, but I had declined. "Oh, ok..." Stiles says, frowning a little. "I have to go, have to make sure everything is in order for later..." he says, turning away from me and walking over to a nearby table.

I shrug my shoulders and sit down at the table where Allison and Scott are sitting. "So, are you coming?" Scott asks me, looking at me intently. "Yeah, I'm probably bringing Dave with me." I say, smiling at him. He frowns my way and asks "Why?"

"Well... You and Allison are going to be together... Stiles and Lydia are going to be together... Did you expect me to come and sit by myself all afternoon?" I ask, laughing in disbelief. Scott looks like he wanted to say something, but he refrains from doing so. He looks over at where Stiles was, his face changing into a sadder one.