Chapter 12*

(Your POV) Class

I'm sitting in the seat next to Scott, looking at Isaac sitting in the seat in front of us. We hear Stiles run into the class, trying to get both Scott's and I's attention. "Guys, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news..." he says, looking at me and then at Scott sitting in front of him.

"...I think we already know." I say, pointing at Isaac sitting in front of us. The three of us sit back and suspiciously eye the back of his head. During the whole class, I can see Isaac glancing back at me numerous times, most of them I reply by scowling his way.

The bell rings and Stiles pulls Scott and I out with him. I'm walking in between Scott and Stiles, still sometimes glancing back at Isaac who is listening in. "All right. I only found one thing online called a Kanima-- it's a Werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers." Stiles says, making me frown at him. "That thing was not a jaguar..." I say, thinking back at the scales.

"Yeah ... I agree with y/n..." Scott says, making Stiles sigh. "Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer." He then says, giving us a pointed look. "Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead." Scott says, making me raise my eyebrows at him. I see that Stiles had stopped walking and is looking at Scott with narrowed eyes.

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this "friendship." Stiles says sarcastically, making me laugh his way. He rolls his eyes and we follow Scott to our next class. We walk into econ, each of us taking our seats. I sit down in front of Stiles and diagonally from Scott. Jackson walks in and takes the seat behind Scott. "Hey, Testicle Left and Right-- what the hell is a Kanima?" he asks, making me look behind me and frown. When I see Stiles and Scott's faces, I can't contain my laughter.

Scott was about to say something, when we are all interrupted by coach. "All right listen up! A quick warning before we begin our review-- some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult-- I'm not even too sure I could pass it!" he says, making me cringe at his words.

"Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy." He says, picking someone from the front row. I sigh in relief, I hated going to the board. "Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?" I hear Jackson say, making me scoff.

"I'm familiar with the sensation..." Stiles says sarcastically, making me look back and smirk at him. "Wait-- why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" I then ask, joining in on the conversation. "How should I know?" Jackson bites at me. I then look over at Lydia, who is writing on the board. "Wait, do they think it's Lydia?" I then ask with worry, looking at Jackson again.

"I don't know! All I heard was her name and something about chemistry..." Jackson says. I'm about to say something else, when coach almost gives me a heart attack. "Jackson!" he yells, making me turn around in my seat to face him. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?" coach asks again, making me scowl at him while my heart rate went down again.

"Umm... Just an undying admiration for my-my coach..." Jackson says, making me mentally gag. "That's really kind of you." Coach says, believing every word he had said. "Now shut up! Shut it!" coach then again yells. "Anybody else?" he then asks. He looks at me while walking next to my seat, but I just ignore his stare. "How do we know it's not her?" Scott then asks, referring to Lydia. I turn around and look at Scott with anger.