Chapter 24*

(Your POV)

Scott, Stiles and I met at the animal clinic to discuss the plan to trap Jackson. I had to make sure that I left within 30min, because I still had some things to set up with Roger before the show tonight.

"Ketamine?" Scott asks, looking at the bottle Deaton was holding. "Tranquilizer." I say, making Deaton nod. "It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage. If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." He explains.

"This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles-- only you." Deaton says, showing us a bottle with black dust in it. "Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure... Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?" Stiles asks, making me smile at his goofiness.

"It's from the Mountain Ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ashwood, making it difficult for someone like Scott or Y/n to cause me any trouble..." Deaton says, making me scoff offended.

"Okay, so, then, what? I just spread this around the whole building, and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" Stiles asks, making Deaton nod. "They'll be trapped." Deaton says. "Doesn't sound too hard." Scott says, shrugging at his best friend.

"Not all there is..." Deaton says, making me roll my eyes. It's never that simple, is it? "Think of it like gunpowder-- it's just powder until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles." He says, making both Scott and I look at Stiles.

"...If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that." Stiles says bewildered, making me frown at him in disbelief. "I don't think he's asking you to light yourself on fire Stiles..." I say, then looking at Deaton "Are you?" I ask, now with slight worry.

"No. Let me try a different analogy. I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind, and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish." Deaton explains.

"Force of will..." Stiles says, nodding. "If-if this is going to work, Stiles, you have to believe it." Deaton says, looking at him sternly. "Mmhmm..." Stiles hums, looking down at the bottle unsure.

(Stiles POV)

I run out of my house, ready to go get Scott and drive towards the rave party at the warehouse. I see my dad pull up and get out of his car. "Hey, can't talk, gotta run..." I say, looking at my father. I see him looking a little disheveled, so I stop and turn back to him. "Hey, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait-- what's wrong?" I ask him.

"Nothing." He answers, a little evasively. I look down and see that his gun wasn't in his holster. "Oh. Where's your gun?" I ask, making him sigh. "I left it at the station... along with my badge..." he then says, making me look at him confused.

"What?" I ask with worry. "t's all right. You know what? We'll talk about this later." My father says, turning around to walk away from me. "Dad—" I say, making him sigh again and look at me. "Don't worry about it." he says.

"Dad!" I try again, looking at him with a sad look. "It was decided that the son of a police chief stealing police property and having a restraining order filed against him by one of the town's most respected attorneys did not reflect well on the county..." he says, making my heart drop to my stomach.

"They fired you?" I ask stunned. "Nah. Look, it's-it's just a leave of absence. It's-it's temporary." He says. "Did they say it was temporary, or...?" I ask, already knowing the answer by the look on his face.