Chapter 28*

(Stiles POV)

I'm looking through the 2006 yearbook, trying to find any more clues about who could be controlling Jackson. "Hey, whatcha doing?" my dad asks me, making me look at him. He is standing in my door frame, looking at me.

"...Homework..." I say evasively. "It's spring break." My dad says suspiciously. "What do you think you're doing?" he then asks, walking over to my desk. "Oh, I'm just satisfying my own curiosity..." I say. My dad then closes the yearbook, making me sigh.

"We brought Harris in this morning for questioning." My dad says "...They brought him in." he continues. "And?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. "And they're working on a warrant to arrest him for the murders." My dad says.

"For all of them?" I ask in disbelief. "Enough of them." My dad says. "With what proof?" I ask, now frowning. "You remember the couple at the trailer? Tire tracks nearby match Harris' car." My dad explains. "Wha... That's not enough." I say.

"The same car was also seen outside the hospital where the pregnant wife was killed. It's got some bumper sticker on it, a quote from Einstein—" my dad says, making me look at him. "Wait, what quote?" I ask. "Something about imagination and knowledge..." my dad says. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." Yeah, I saw the same car parked outside the rave." I say frowning.

"That means you're a witness. You're gonna have to give a statement." My dad says raising his eyebrows at me. "But what about the concert promoter, Kara? She wasn't in Harris' class, right? I mean, what does Mr. Lahey have to do with Harris?" I ask confused. "It doesn't matter-- the tire tracks put Harris at the site of three murders. That's damning evidence." My dad says.

"No, it's not enough—" I say sighing. "I thought you hated this guy?" my dad asks in disbelief. "I don't hate him, all right? He hates me. And, you know, if he killed them all, then yeah, lock the psycho up. But there's something missing. There's gotta be something missing..." I say frowning.

"Hey. Hey, you don't have to solve this for me." My dad says sadly. "No, I have to do something." I say determined, opening the yearbook again. I see my father suddenly stare and stop me from turning the pages. "...What?" I ask. "Look at the swim team." He says. "Dad, the coach-- it's Isaac's dad!" I say.

(Your POV)

Nobody had shown up yet for our party, only Scott and Allison... I guess Allison and I weren't wrong, and this wasn't still the most popular party of the year. I hear a knock at the door, and I sigh, walking over to open it. When I open the door, I can't see anyone, just a big present.

"Happy birthday! Yeah!" Stiles exclaims from behind the present. On top of the present, was a smaller one. "You ok there Stiles?" I ask, trying to see him past the huge box. "Coming in..." he says, trying to get in but he can't. He tries getting the box through the door, but he keeps getting stuck.

"Can you just grab that side, maybe?" he asks, still trying to make it fit. "huh... maybe you should have gotten us a bigger front door as a birthday present." I say jokingly, seeing him smile. I help him get the present inside and put it down in a nearby room. Lydia then walks over to us with a tray in hand, on top were glasses filled with punch. "Don't forget to try the punch!" she tells us, giving us both a drink and disappearing again.

"You look beautiful." Stiles says, making me blush. "Thank you, you look rather good yourself." I say, walking us into the backyard. We see Scott standing by the pool and walk over to him. "Have you seen Jackson anywhere?" Stiles then asks Scott, making me frown.