Chapter 31*

Stiles POV)

"She's on her way here." I hear Scott say, walking back to my dad's office. When I walk in, I can see my dad already looking at me with worry, seeing Mark behind me with a gun. "Sheriff...?" Scott asks, looking behind him and now seeing me as well.

"Mark? It's Mark, right?" My dad begins, standing from his seat cautiously. "Mark, whatever's going on, I guarantee you there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun." He says, raising his hands. This makes Mark chuckle. "You know, it's funny you say that, because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are..." he says, making me frown at Scott.

"I know you don't wanna hurt people." My dad then says, making Mark shake his head. "Actually, I wanna hurt a lot of people. You three weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded..." Mark says, making me sigh. "And one way is to try dialing somebody on your cell phone, like McCall is doing." He then says, making my head jerk to look at Scott, who looks at Mark in fear.

"That? That could definitely get someone hurt." Mark says, laughing again. "Everyone! Now!" he then yells, making us put our phones on my dad's desk. He then makes us walk to the holding cells and throws me some cuffs to cuff my dad with. I put them on, seeing Mark frown at me. "Tighter." He says, making me sigh.

"Do what he says, Stiles." My dad says, making me put the cuffs on tighter. He then walks Scott and I back to the front of the police station.

(Third POV)

Allison is sitting on her bed in her room, tears staining her face. She had cried for hours when she found out about her mother, now the tears had stopped falling. She feels numb, like nothing mattered anymore.

"Sweetheart..." Gerard says walking into her bedroom. "I don't wanna talk." Allison says coldly, not looking up from her hands. "I understand. I'm not sure if there's anything I can say. I won't pretend to know what you're going through." Gerard then says sympathetically.

"Then leave." Allison says coldly, now looking up at her grandfather. "Of course. I just wanted to give you something from your mother. Partly because I couldn't help noticing that things have been kind of difficult between you two." He says, holding a note in his hand.

"But it can wait..." Gerard says, turning to leave. "What? What is it?" Allison then asks stammering. "No, really, sweetheart, it can wait. You get some rest." Gerard says. "What is it?" Allison now asks more sternly, making Gerard smirk.

"As you know, your mother wrote a suicide note to explain away our difficult situation to the police. She wrote this not to explain it to you." Gerard says, walking closer to Allison. "If I give this to you, you have to destroy it immediately. You burn it. You promise?" he then asks her, making her nod.

"Yes." Allison says, grabbing the note from his hand. "I want you to know... she asked me to read it. I told her I shouldn't, that it was private between the two of you. But she wanted my thoughts." Gerard says when Allison skims the page with her eyes.

"As I said before, I don't know what you're going through. I wasn't close to my own mother. But, reading this made me sorry I hadn't tried to be. Because if this were my mother, if these words were written for me, I don't know how I could sit still until someone paid for her death. Any pity I'd have for Derek and his pack would be burned out by a white-hot desire for retribution-- a kind of blood and destruction that would have Derek and his wolves howling, not for mercy, but for their own sweet deaths." Gerard says, leaving the room and Allison alone with her thoughts.