03

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·· ※───

There was this party or gathering that Alfea did every year for the new students, of course the second years and up were welcome to come but it was mainly for the first years. And since it wasn't mandatory that was exactly why Poppy had planned to sleep through it.

That was of course until Terra decided to be a pain in the arse and force her to wake up. Poppy's hair was a bit of a mess but whilst walking alongside Terra she didn't really think about it since all she wanted to do was go back and finish her nap. But it seemed that wouldn't be happening anytime soon.

Once they got to the hall Poppy kissed her younger sisters cheek making her smile small before running off to find Oliver. She soon found him chatting up a young lad who seemed just as into it.

Deciding to be that annoying friend she is she quickly ran up to Oliver whilst him and the boy were leaning in and hugged him tight whilst squealing, "I'm so glad your finally clean! I just heard the news that the chlamydia is gone!"

The young man who Poppy didn't know gave Oliver a disgusted look before grabbing a drink and walking off. Oliver squirmed in his friends grip and once he was released glared at her whilst adjusting his jacket. "What the hell was that for?"

Poppy shrugged now scratching at her nails, "Felt like it."

Oliver glared at her again before sighing and looking at the ceiling, sadly he was used to this behaviour from her. He gently picked up a thin lock of her hair and flashed his orange red eyes and singed the ends of it. She glared at him and snatched her hair back and looked at the now burnt and crisp ends. She glowed her eyes at him and before he knew it vines had pulled him to the ground.

People started laughing at the tall boy lying on the floor and Poppy could help but join in. She had made sure the vines were quick enough not to be seen so it just looked like Oliver feel flat on his arse.

Once they had both calmed down from their pointless pranks they simply observed people, guessing their element from looking at them.

"Okay, so you see that blonde over there?" Poppy hummed in reply and focused her eyes on a small girl who looked so serious with her face scrunched up, "Water fairy."

Poppy tilted her head in amusement, "Dare I ask why?"

"It's the arrogance." Poppy nodded in agreement, she could only hope her roommate, Aisha, wasn't that arrogant. Poppy had socialised a bit with her dorm mates. She already knew Stella and Terra so that was two checked off of her list, then she had spoken to Bloom and the only two she had yet to connect with was Aisha and Musa.

Thinking of her sister she watched as her sister tried to input into the conversation but was obviously being shut out. It disgusted her how shallow some people could be. So what if her sister didn't have the typical desirable body type? In Poppy's eyes her baby sister couldn't have been more perfect. Both Poppy and Sam got brown eyes but whenever Poppy gazed into her little sisters eyes, she could've sworn she was looking at her mother. Their mother was a touchy subject in their household and they never really spoke of her but it gave Poppy some peace of mind that she could still look at something and think of her.