the cursed chapter

TW ~ Child Neglect, Self Depreciation, Blood

When Tommy woke up, he was excited. Today, he finally turned fourteen! He could say he was almost fifteen now!

He hopped up on his bed, Tubbo, who shared a room with him, sat upon his.

"What's wrong Tommy?" he asked groggily.

"It's my birthday today!" 

"Oh really?" Tubbo said, snapping out of his sleep. "Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you Tubbo!" Tommy smiled, hopping off the bed and to Wilbur and Techno's room.

"Wilby guess what?" Tommy said excitedly. Wilbur just scowled.

"Tommy, I was sleeping, it can wait, can you leave?" Wilbur deadpanned, pointing towards the door.

"No- I mean, I just wa-"

"Listen, it's probably not important, so it can fucking wait."

Tommy turned to Techno, who was already out of bed and dressed.

"I'm heading to work, see you later Wilbur, you too Tommy," Techno said, walking out the door.

"Wait- Techno!"

"Tommy, I gotta go, have a great day Tubbo!" he said, rushing out the door without a breakfast.

Tommy left Wilbur's room, walking over to Phil's. There was a note taped on the door.

I have an extremely important meeting today. There's breakfast in the fridge. Have a good day kids.

Oh.

Tommy walked back to his room, ignoring Tubbo, who was getting dressed for school.

He shut the bathroom door closed and leaned against the door.

"Hey Thomás, what's with the long face? Happy birthday, by the way!"

"I'm a terrible person" Tommy whispered.

"What?" the shadow asked, concerned.

"My family works so hard to support me, and I'm just ungrateful. They work to take care of my needs, and I'm over here being even more greedy for their attention"

"Thomás, you're allowed to want your family, especially for your birthday" the shadow whispered sympathetically.

When Tommy didn't answer, the shadow snapped its fingers.

The flower crown from yesterday appeared in the air, and fell into Tommy's lap delicately. 

"Flaunt that it's your birthday Thomas, show them that you don't care about what they say, celebrate your birthday the way you want to, with the ones you love. Not with the people that hurt you."

Tommy carefully put the crown on.

"My horns, what about my horns?" Tommy asked worriedly.

"No one would notice, and even if they did, so what? It's probably your last day at school today" the shadow said, before instantly covering his mouth.

"My what?" Tommy said nervously.

"No, nothing, I promise. But don't worry about them seeing your horns, they'd probably not care anyway" 

"For you!" Tommy smiled, standing up from against the door.

"Have a great one, bud." the shadow grinned, before disappearing.

"Tommy? You done?" Tubbo asked 

"Yeah," Tommy said, opening the door and changing out of his pajamas, as Tubbo ran downstairs.