Chapter 9: Getting to know one another

Josephines POV:

It's been a few weeks since Edgars Debut and right now I am bored af. For real, everyday is the same, eating, reading, training, studying.

Some times Edgar would come around and have tea, but these days he's been for cold and distant. I don't know why, I hate it when I don't know stuff.

I write to Amy occasionally about stuff but not recently cause she went to another state with her family as a trip.

I haven't talked to Luke ever since the party, I guess it's just two people walking bye by fate? Oh who cares, I barley know the dude.

When afternoon came, I just finished training and had a bath.

Jaime came in when I was relaxing and reading.

"Milady, the duke wants to see you."

"All right, I'll be there in a minute."

I closed my book and walked out of my room with Jaime. On the way to fathers office I met up with Alex, it seems like he was called too.

We arrived at fathers office and father was holding a letter and mother was sitting on the couch with a book in her hand.

"Good afternoon father, mother" we both said

"Good afternoon to the two of you"

Father frowned

"What's the matter father?" Alex asked

"We have been invited to the Kalikases estate for there first son, Oscars, Birthday next week"

Lukes brother

"All right" I replied

"But father, why do you look concerned?" I asked

"That family...Has problems."

Oh thats right that family does. Let me explain.

First of, their First son Oscar is the legitimate son born from the duke and duchess. The duke has a habit of going around to 'do it'. This caused the birth of 3 illegitimate children.

The first was Luke who was born between the duke and a barons daughter that died after giving birth. The second and third child are the twins who was born by a commoner, whether she is alive or not, no one knows apart from the duke and duchess.

The duchess would be mad of course for her husbands unfaithfulness, but she can't say anything, due to this she abuses them. Well, that's what the rumour says.

The duke doesn't care cause they are just Bastard children.

Anyway back to father.

"Don't worry father, we'll look after ourselves." Alex says.

Father nods and both Alex and I leave the room.

"Hey brother, are you friends with Sir Luke?"

"Yes, we're quite close."

"Since when?"

"About 4 years ago?"

"And you didn't tell me?"

"because you didn't ask."

"If I don't know how would I know to want to ask?"

"Well that's your problem." he sticks his tongue out

"HEY!"

I start chasing him down the whole while he runs from me.

I'm just glade that I'm in a nice family and not like in Luke's, don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for him, but I'm too busy looking after my family to worry about his.