CH. 12: THANKSGIVING

CHAPTER 12 IS UP!!!!!

"You've never been so nuts about a guy

"You've never been so nuts about a guy. You wanna laugh, you wanna cry. You cross your heart and hope to die 'til it's over and then... It's nice and quiet"--It's Oh So Quiet, BJÖRK

 It's nice and quiet"--It's Oh So Quiet, BJÖRK

I've been anxious since this morning. My brows are furrowed, and my eyes have a distant look in them that I really don't like. My hands are slightly shaking, and my body has been stiff the whole time. Derek keeps throwing me casual glances the whole time, making sure that I'm not going to have a seizure. In return, I just smile at him, though it almost looks forced and I can tell that he's really not convinced.

Today, his parents are going to pick us up. That's what I've been anxious about. I've hurt their son many times, and Derek is an open book, so I have this feeling that he has told them about me and our history. I wish he could have told them better stuff, but Derek and I's story isn't exactly a fairytale. We've had a lot of issues in the past, and we have a lot of issues in the present.

"Will you just chill out?" Derek tells me for the umpteenth time, rolling his eyes as we wait for his parents. He's been sitting on his bed, phone in his hand, probably texting his friends. "Seriously, you're going to be fine, Nero."

"I can't exactly chill out, knowing your parents might hate me." I tell him, my voice sounds low. "Just to give you a brief idea, I wasn't exactly the boyfriend material guy. I was the reason why you cried many times, and in the perspective of a parent, I hurt their precious son, and they're not going to like me."