chapter forty-one

CHAPTER THIRTY NINERUINED PLANS

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
RUINED PLANS

WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE.

RENJUN FOCUS

"Goodnight, Jaemin."

"Goodnight, Renjun."

Renjun flipped the light switch beside the doorway and let out a yawn from between his lips, the tiredness beginning to sneak in.

He could already hear Jaemin beginning to snore, the day's worth of chores becoming quite tiring for the still-growing boy.

He laid down, his back against the cool sheets of his bending while his hands gripped each other while laying on his stomach.

The only sound within the closed space was Jaemin. And even with him, his snoring was rather quiet, leaving room for Renjun's inner thoughts to finally begin surfacing.

On the way to bed that night, he and Jaemin had both heard a conversation between the nurses. Something about Minju needing to work on her behavior before the new guests were to arrive.

New guests, plural.

The thought of new people had always been off-putting for Renjun for many different reasons he never wanted to get into detail with.

So instead, he closeted himself off from the others and expressed emotions only to himself, not wanting to feel the burden of the others around him.

The plan cannot go through.

The plan. The plan Renjun had been working on for the past year. All that hard work down the drain because of some new people being brought in.

He wondered if the new residents would be kind or mean. Whether they'd be stuck up or open with everyone. Maybe they would be boys, possibly girls, anything beyond that.

Multiple thoughts ran through his head.

The one thing he couldn't stop thinking about was his three best friends he wanted to get out of the psycho place they always tried calling a house. Neo House was nothing that it tried to be, no matter how much they tried brainwashing people.

These new people would be his downfall.

He was so close to getting him and the other boys out but just as he's about to tell them about his plan and finally begin taking action, he's given information that ruins the whole set-up.

Pathetic.

A sigh leaves his lips as he stares up at the dark ceiling, nothing occupying the space but darkness and loneliness.

He didn't care about who would be joining them at Neo House. All he cared about was finally getting out and away from everyone who thought it was their job to poke at him and force down drugs as if he couldn't see past their little plan.

A few more minutes of silence passed before he rolled around in bed, his stomach now against the mattress as he birdied his head into his pillow.

He couldn't just leave the new residents to learn new ways to escape for themselves.

Huang Renjun was a lot of things, but he was not heartless.

He didn't want anyone else to ever suffer the way he had. All those times when he was separated from everyone else and everyone just assumed it was his turn for classes was really just the nurses poking stuff in him.

He never told anyone though. Because the nurses threatened him every time he even thought about trying to scream for help.

No. He had decided. If the new residents made an effort, he would help them escape as well. If they wanted differently, he wouldn't care.

The only person he wasn't saving was Minju. She could rot in hell for all he cared.

A sigh left his lips as her turned onto his side, "we need to get out of here."

→ ♕

if you couldn't tell, this was before minsoo, hyeji, and eunha joined the boys.

i'm thinking abt making this one long book with like 80-something or 90-something chapters instead of making it a series. would that bother anyone or is that okay? i don't want to do it if anyone will find it uninteresting lol

also, do any of u know a fanfic for nct dream on wattpad that was basically them getting trapped in a world and getting levels of speed, strength, etc along with like special fighting weapons? pls tell me the name and the author if u do! i can't remember much but i do remember a scene where jisung and jaemin (?) get attacked by a monster at a grocery store and another one where the girl main character gets chased by a monster but ends up killing it (or renjun showed up and killed it, idk)