Chapter 6

You touched your bruised face, feeling some liquid stain your fingers and hands. It was blood, blood that resulted in all of the cuts. It stung horribly and you rubbed some of the blood on your clothes. As you were still hiding behind a bush, your legs started to get numb, going down to your feet. Your feet had a numb tingle and you slapped them repeatedly to help blood circulate through it. You were lost, hungry and concerned about everything. You didn't know what to do. You couldn't just go back to the tent because you feared that someone might follow you back to it. You couldn't stay hidden either because someone might grab you and you won't know about your friends anymore. You were stuck and there was no way out of it. You thought of the weight that was on your back, it was your bag, and you remembered that you can safely store your wand. 

You slowly held your bag in front of you and opened it slowly. You reached into it and placed your wand inside. It was safe to keep it there since there won't be a replacement anytime soon. You zipped it up and sat down once you were sure that there isn't anything else you can do. The snow bled through your pants and you winced but didn't utter a sound. You looked up into the sky, feeling your eyes start to feel heavy, threatening to close and make you drift to sleep. You thought about it but decided not to. It wasn't promised that you will wake up right where you are so, you weren't going to sleep even if your body was screaming at you to do so.

The clouds moved in the sky, blessing you with some direct light from the moon. The first thing that you did was glance at your arms. There were horrible gashes and dry blood all over them. Some even still had fresh blood dripping to the sides of your arms, making their way to the snow next to you. You wondered how they didn't hurt but you figured it was by the adrenaline still pumping in your veins. You grabbed some snow from the ground with your shaky hands and even though it was freezing, you rubbed it on your cuts. You flinched but it helped to ease some of the blood flow. The cold added to the numbness and once you were freezing from head to toe, you nervously picked at your lips. 

There has to be someway you can get out of this. You have to go back to them but how? You can't use magic and you don't even know the direction to go back to the tent. Hopeless and hungry and tired, you felt useless and started to feel your eyes water. You hurriedly rubbed your eyes to not make yourself cry, you didn't want to add to the stress.  

Merlin's beard, I don't know what to do. Can someone give me a sign?  You thought, gazing at the night sky above you. As if the universe heard you, something caught your eye at your peripheral vision. As you squinted, not used to the light anymore, a figure that looked like a blue animal started to come towards you. You thought you were starting to hallucinate and after the blue blur started to get even closer, you realized that you weren't at all, but it is in fact an animal. You facepalmed yourself instinctively and muttered a grunt as it hurt you painfully. You couldn't believe what risk Harry was doing to send you his Patronus but you mentally thanked him for it. The stag pranced around you in a circle and you smiled at its beauty, ignoring the panic that was growing in your chest. The stag bowed its head in front of you and you placed your hand in between its tall horns. It stood upright again and started to prance back to where it came from. Was it telling you to follow it? You hurriedly got up and tumbled over a few feet of snow. Your head felt heavy and you stood waiting for the blood flow to get all the way to your feet. After you felt better, you hurriedly chased after it, making sure to keep your head ducked down, and traveled carefully through the forest, not letting it leave your sight. It started to run and you feared that it was hurrying because someone was there. You couldn't risk letting it go, your only way to get back to your friends, so you ran after it. Your legs were tired but it didn't let you down. The glow that trailed behind it, shined a few feet in front of you. You were able to see better and didn't harm yourself to much. A couple of moments of running, you panted heavily but the stag kept on running and running. The trees were starting to sparse and you hoped that the tent was near. A couple of more feet and there was the tent right ahead of you. You smiled as you saw a body outside the familiar tent and you decided to catch your breath. You slowed down as you saw the stag disappear in front of a person with bushy brown hair. You strained your eyes and you felt a great sense of relief as you realized it was Hermione. You hurriedly rubbed your arms on your clothes to hide some of the horrible gashes on them to not scare her.