Chapter 1: The Night Before

A/N: { this is my first ever fanfic. it has heavy smut, angst and is a slow burn. THIS IS MATURE. If that bothers you please don't continue. Leave as many comments as you want. I love feedback! Thank you lovelies, enjoy}

     The sky was dark, and the air was cold as you moved your feet against the New York sidewalk. Hands full of tonight's cheap Chinese take-out, you headed towards your apartment.  Pulling your burgundy cardigan tight around your waist, you looked up at the tall buildings with their lights still shining bright despite the hour of day.

               The city that never sleeps.

Having moved here just 3 weeks prior, your apprehension was still coming in waves. What would you do in this big city? A silly thought, you told yourself as you reached your apartment and walked through the front lobby. You had an audition in the morning, you knew exactly why you moved here. To be under the bright stage lights you so longed to be under with every breath you take. Your one true passion; acting.

             You managed to truck yourself up the stairs; arms full and mind busy. You reached into your pocket and pulled out the key to your apartment. I wonder what the director will be like, you thought. Kind? Strict? All you knew was that his name was Charlie Barber and he was in charge so you needed to impress. At this point you told yourself it didn't really matter his personality. All you wanted was to be on the stage again.

         Putting your dinner down on the kitchen table, you ran your fingers through your long, soft hair. Letting out a sigh, you pulled out your dinner, sat down, and began to eat. Scrolling through social media quieted your mind enough to finish dinner and head to your room to wash up for bed. Peeling off your clothes from the day, you looked in the mirror at your exposed skin. You had nice frame. You liked your body, in the company of  only yourself that is. You'd always been a bit self-conscious at pool parties and on the beach. You had always hoped to avoid the gaze of others and you would always blush profusely if a man gave you even a quick once over.

         Slipping into shower, you let the warm water cascade over your body, massaging shampoo deeply into your hair and then rinsing it out thoroughly. You soaped up your body and washed yourself gently. You wondered how well you would get along with the fellow actors. How would they react to a non-native New Yorker coming into their play? You tried tell yourself not to worry as you turned off the slightly-rusted metal shower handle.

            Stepping out, you wrapped yourself in your favorite plush towel. Your hands expertly braiding your hair as your mind wandered, thinking about what you should wear tomorrow but dismissing it as tomorrow's problem.

Letting the towel drop to the ground(you'd pick it up eventually), you slipped into your blue silk nightgown, and crawled into  bed. Pulling up the deep blue comforter your mother gave you, you set your alarm and plugged your phone in to charge.

        Trying to avoid the many anxious thoughts about tomorrow, you focused on the overwhelmingly positive one:

You had a real New York City audition for a real New York City play tomorrow.

Smiling to yourself and turning over, you let the excitement and nervousness die down and slowly turn into fatigue and relaxation as you drifted off to sleep. The only dream being one of warm feelings and stage lights.